Close Meeting Recording Dialogue

Description
I’m using custom ui to display a meeting using zoom sdk. When a host starts recording, an alert dialog is displayed to the participants. When the user clicks the “Leave Meeting” button, the application closes. I don’t get any callbacks and I don’t need to close the activity, I just need to remove the meeting block from the screen. How to find out that the user clicked on the Leave meeting button and not close the current activity?

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

Screenshots

Hi @albert.kobiakov,

I don’t think you would need a callback specific to this dialog in order to solve the issue you’re having, unless you need your app to behave differently if the user leaves the meeting through interacting with this dialog. Upon successfully leaving a meeting, you should receive the onMeetingLeaveComplete callback.

Please let me know if there is a reason that this approach does not give you enough information and we can discuss further.

Thanks!

I use the Single Activity architecture, so when the user clicks Leave meeting on the dialog, the application closes completely, since there is only one activity. This behavior does not suit me, because in addition to the zoom meeting, there are also screens. How to avoid it?

Hi @albert.kobiakov,

I see, I think I’ve misunderstood. Are you saying that the SDK seems to be calling finish() on your Activity when this button is clicked even though you have custom UI enabled? If so, I think this is a change that will need to be made internally to the SDK. If I’m understanding correctly, I can’t think of a workaround for this which wouldn’t involve introducing another Activity to your app.

Thanks!

Are you saying that the SDK seems to be calling finish() on your Activity when this button is clicked even though you have custom UI enabled?

Looks exactly like this

If so, I think this is a change that will need to be made internally to the SDK

It would be nice

I can’t think of a workaround for this which wouldn’t involve introducing another Activity to your app.

Activity will partially solve the problem, since in addition to the meeting zoom, there are several more information tabs on this screen. Closing an entire activity just because the user does not want to participate in a meeting that is being recorded is not the best option.

I’m sure of it. I unpacked the mobilertc.aar and found this Source code zoom sdk

Can you remove the activity.finish() and add a callback for that? Or make it optional

Hi @albert.kobiakov,

Thanks for confirming. We’ll need to investigate how we can better handle this and keep you updated.

Thanks!

Hi, Jon. is there any news on this issue?

Hi @albert.kobiakov,

Unfortunately we do not have any updates to share at this time.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.