com.zipow.videobox.util.PreferenceUtil.readBooleanValue (PreferenceUtil.java:464)

Description
We have recently updated our Zoom SDK to v5.4.3.613. In this version, we are getting a Crashlytics error on Firebase which says

Fatal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
   Attempt to invoke interface method 'boolean android.content.SharedPreferences.getBoolean(java.lang.String, boolean)' on a null object reference
  com.zipow.videobox.util.PreferenceUtil.readBooleanValue (PreferenceUtil.java:464)

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Samsung
  • Model: Galaxy Galaxy M20

Which version?
v5.4.3.613

Additional context

com.zipow.cmmlib.AppUtil.getDataPath (AppUtil.java:138)

com.zipow.cmmlib.AppUtil.getDataPath (AppUtil.java:62)

com.zipow.videobox.VideoBoxApplication.removeTempFiles (VideoBoxApplication.java:1861)

com.zipow.videobox.VideoBoxApplication.initAppForSDK (VideoBoxApplication.java:2205)

com.zipow.videobox.VideoBoxApplication.onSDKCreated (VideoBoxApplication.java:2169)

com.zipow.videobox.VideoBoxApplication.initializeForSDK (VideoBoxApplication.java:2146)

us.zoom.sdk.ZoomSDK.initialize (ZoomSDK.java:492)

com.xxxx.zoom.ui.StreamingActivity.initZoom (StreamingActivity.java:100)

com.xxxx.zoom.ui.StreamingActivity.startStreaming (StreamingActivity.java:77)

com.xxxx.ui.activities.XXXXBaseActivity.checkAndStartLecture (XXXXBaseActivity.java:919)

com.xxxx.ui.activities.XXXXBaseActivity.access$checkAndStartLecture (XXXXBaseActivity.java:104)

com.xxxx.ui.activities.XXXXBaseActivity$observeViewModel$5.onChanged (XXXXBaseActivity.java:276)

com.xxxx.ui.activities.XXXXBaseActivity$observeViewModel$5.onChanged (XXXXBaseActivity.java:104)

-$$LambdaGroup$js$zIfsKK3Yrf08SHZobA71nO01JZQ.onChanged (-.java:37)

Hi @pavan.careers5208, thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you’re seeing a crash on the latest SDK version. Can you please let me know how frequently your users are seeing this crash? Have you been able to reproduce it at all?

Thanks!

@ jon.lieblich
The top two issues on our list are these zoom related crashes. We are not able to reproduce this issue. But there are users who are seeing this crash. These crashes are seen only on latest SDK not before
For frequency and users affected please check the image attached.

Hi @pavan.careers5208,

Thank you for the additional information. We will investigate this and let you know as soon as we have additional information. In the meantime, please let me know if you identify steps to reproduce this crash, as it may significantly improve the amount of time it takes for us to identify a fix.

Thanks!

1 Like

Had a similar issue:

Try the following:

• Uninstall the app
  • Delete your device’s backup in Google Drive
  • Reinstall the app but don’t run it.
  • Manually enable all the permissions that the app needs under the app’s settings
  • Start the app

Thank you @AndroidDev for sharing your insight!

@pavan.careers5208, can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this on the latest SDK version?

Thanks!

Yes, I’m using version 1.0.2 of the Video SDK. Until Zoom gets around to fixing this, I recommend that developers disable backups. This is done in the manifest:

<application
    android:allowBackup="false"
    android:fullBackupContent="false"
    tools:replace="android:allowBackup"
</application>

Hi @AndroidDev,

Apologies for any confusion, but the question was for the OP of this thread regarding the client SDK. I am happy to continue helping you with the Video SDK in the #mobile-video-sdk:android category. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

The same issue applies to both SDKs as they both use the same code (PreferenceUtil.java).

Hi @AndroidDev,

In order to ensure that this forum is as easy for other users to navigate as possible, please keep all discussions regarding the Video SDK in the #mobile-video-sdk category.

Thank you for understanding!