Control application without video/audio abilities

Hi,

I’m working on a control application that doesn’t need video and audio. It’s more a remote control application that changes things in the meeting like spotlighting a video, muting certain people, sending private messages, …

Can I do this in Electron (or in any other native SDK for that matter)?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the post. You could do that using Electron SDK, however, Electron SDK has fewer interfaces than the native SDKs, so if you would like to add more features to your remote control application, please consider using the native SDKs as they will have more interfaces available.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks. How can I do that with the Electron app? Is there something I need to comment out to make sure the actual Zoom-window doesn’t spawn?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I was think you don’t want the user to have video/audio turn on by default but still keep the meeting window.
If you do not want the Zoom window at all, that could be achieved with Custom UI. However, Electron SDK does not support Custom UI so it is not possible to do that.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Ok. I found some code here on the support forum to implement it in C#. Will try that.

I’m already stuck, but I posted my question in this topic as it also refers to creating a custom UI: How to custom the conference UI

Hi sam.decrock,

Thanks for the reply. Let me reply to you in that post and provide further assistance over there.

Thanks!