Using ElectronJS + Zoom SDK + Screensharing/RemoteDesktop

I want to build an electronJS app with zoom screensharing (HD 30+ fps) + remote desktop capabilities, but white label it. Is such a thing even possible to do with Zooms SDKs?

It’s very important that our users install our ElectronJS app and not zoom itself on top of it, so it feels more fluid with the user experience. Product will be used by gamers, so quality is a concern for us.

Hi masudq,

Thanks for interested in using Zoom SDK. Our native desktop SDKs (Windows & Mac) have both screen sharing + remote desktop capabilities. But our Electron SDK currently only has the screen sharing.

If you are interested in our Electron SDK, please have a try our demo apps:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Is there an ETA of when your Electron SDK will have remote desktop capabilities? It’s pretty crucial to our product and won’t work without it, unfortunately.

Because if you guys are planning to release the remote desktop for electronjs within the next 2-3 months, we’ll start building it out and just add in the remote desktop when it’s released.

Hi masudq,

Thanks for the reply. I will forward your feature requests to our engineers. Since the demand of having remote control support on Electron SDK is not very high, and we have limited resources on building this, it is hard to have an ETA at the moment.

Actually, our Electron SDK is a community project, and based on its nature, it is a wrapper that commutes JS and the native SDKs. It is possible to implement the features that are available in our native SDK but not available in the Electron layer based on your needs.

Pardon the inconvenience. I will let you know if I have any updates.

Thanks!

Are you implying that it won’t ever be possible to implement remote control into electron? Or it just hasn’t been done yet?

And is there anything WE can do to to possibly get it done or maybe do it ourselves?

Hi masudq,
Thanks for the reply and pardon the confusion. Regarding your concerns:

1. It is possible to implement the remote control feature in Electron SDK. Since we have very limited resources working on the Electron SDK, it is hard to deliver this feature within the time period that you were mentioning, and it is also very hard for us to provide an ETA at the moment. Pardon the inconvenience.
  2. It is possible to customize and implement the Electron SDK on your own. May I ask which platform are you interested in using our Electron SDK on(Mac? or Windows?) Take Windows as an example, there are a few guides and discussion on this:

And based on your request, I start working on step-by-step documentation that shows how to add new features into our Electron SDK. I will let you know when it is finished.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Glad to help. Thanks!

Sorry, but did you mean to say it is not possible? Because your following sentences implies it doesn’t.

Thank you so much! And i’ll take a look at those documentation links you’ve sent over.

Windows

Hi,

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

We have received your request and will update you shortly.

Thanks,

Hi,

Pardon the confusion. I mean from the technical perspective, it is possible to implement this feature. In the deliverable perspective, since we have very limited resource on this, it is not possible to develop this feature by us in the near future.

However, if you would like to develop this feature and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask questions here, we will try our best to provide assistance. :slight_smile:

Thanks!