Crash in Webinar QA when attendee tries to ask a question

Description
When an attendee tries to ask a question in Q&A using “Ask a Question”, the app crashes with the following stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException: addConfUICommand
        at com.zipow.videobox.utils.meeting.c.a(ZmContextSessionUtils.java:149)
        at com.zipow.videobox.utils.meeting.c.a(ZmContextSessionUtils.java:135)
        at com.zipow.videobox.fragment.meeting.qa.a.b.onResume(ZMQAAskDialog.java:193)
        at androidx.fragment.app.Fragment.performResume(Fragment.java:2649)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManagerImpl.java:922)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveFragmentToExpectedState(FragmentManagerImpl.java:1238)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManagerImpl.java:1303)
        at androidx.fragment.app.BackStackRecord.executeOps(BackStackRecord.java:439)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOps(FragmentManagerImpl.java:2079)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(FragmentManagerImpl.java:1869)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.removeRedundantOperationsAndExecute(FragmentManagerImpl.java:1824)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManagerImpl.java:1727)
        at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManagerImpl$2.run(FragmentManagerImpl.java:150)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7656)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)

Which Android Client SDK version?
v5.5.1.1319

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Connect to a webinar using Zoom SDK as an attendee
  2. Open QA using InMessageService.showZoomQAUI
  3. “Welcome to Q&A” placeholder is shown. Tap “Ask a Question”.
  4. See error

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Pixel 2

Hi @viktor.k, thanks for the post.

I have not been able to reproduce this crash. Are you able to reproduce this using the sample app provided with the SDK? Does it occur 100% of the time?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

1. I don’t see any calls to showZoomQAUI inside sample app.

There’s only QAActivity which is used in Custom UI mode.

Our case is that we have Custom UI mode enabled in SDK, however, we use some elements of the default UI which are available through InMeetingService, like showZoomChatUI and showZoomQAUI.

I can reproduce the crash with the sample app if I change MeetingOptionBar like below

Then connect to the webinar in Customized UI mode and open QA activity

1. Yes, it occurs 100% of the time.

Hi @viktor.k,

Thank you for clarifying that this was with a custom UI. I am now able to reproduce the crash, so no additional information will be needed on your end. Once we have any updates, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

Hi @viktor.k,

A fix has been identified and will be included in the next SDK release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Great to hear that :grinning:

Thanks!

Glad we could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.