java.lang.NullPointerException: removeConfUICommands confUIEventsNode is null

i try to extend the MeetingActivity but it continues to crash. When i change to extends another different acitvity then there is no crash.
The version of android zoom sdk version is 5.5.1.1319. I also find others to face some similiar problems recently on this website. My phone is android 5.0.
My gardle file’s configurations:
compileSdkVersion:30
minSdkVersion:21
targetSdkVersion:30

log here:
AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.example.project_intern, PID: 12386
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to destroy activity {com.example.project_intern/com.example.project_intern.Zoom_camera}: java.lang.NullPointerException: removeConfUICommands confUIEventsNode is null
at android.app.ActivityThread.performDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:4817)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:4835)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1600(ActivityThread.java:197)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1710)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6856)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1404)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1199)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: removeConfUICommands confUIEventsNode is null
at com.zipow.videobox.utils.meeting.c.a(ZmContextSessionUtils.java:115)
at com.zipow.videobox.utils.meeting.c.b(ZmContextSessionUtils.java:106)
at com.zipow.videobox.ConfActivity.removeUIListeners(ConfActivity.java:980)
at com.zipow.videobox.ConfActivity.onDestroy(ConfActivity.java:958)
at com.zipow.videobox.ConfActivityNormal.onDestroy(ConfActivityNormal.java:982)
at android.app.Activity.performDestroy(Activity.java:6784)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnDestroy(Instrumentation.java:1155)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:4795)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:4835)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1600(ActivityThread.java:197)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1710)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6856)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1404)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1199)

By the way, do i have to extend the MeetingActivity provided by the sdk then i am able to embed the meeting UI activity into another activity? (like no full screen for the meeeting UI, the meeting UI only takes part of the phone screen)

Hi @1250021699, thanks for using our SDK.

Sorry to hear you are running into this crash when extending the MeetingActivity. Can you please elaborate on what steps you are taking to do this so that we may better assist?

Thanks!

is there documentation for example2 in android sdk? i doubt that i didnot implement the code in the right way. i simply extend the activity using MeetingActivity.

i do this because i want to embed the meeting UI into another acitivity. On the website https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/techniques/embed-zoom-meeting-ui it just introduces how to configure the manifest.xml, but i still dont know how to embed the meeting UI. (Like the meeting UI just take half of the screen while another half of screen runing some other parts/activities)

i follow the guide on https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/build-an-app/implement-features, and the only thing i want to add into my project is to embed the meeting UI into some specific position of my screen. How can i make it? Is there any guide on this?

public class Zoom_camera extends MeetingActivity implements View.OnClickListener {

@Override
public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.zoom_camera);
//initialize home page
Homepage_Ini(Zoom_camera.this);
// Call this method to initialize the zoom SDK
initializeSdk(this);
initViews();

}

Hi @1250021699,

Thanks for the additional information. Are you manually starting your class that extends MeetingActivity? If so, this will certainly cause issues. Also, please see our support article regarding this approach to verify that this is being done correctly in within your app. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.