Create meeting and join meeting

Hey @manishkumarmm93,

You can start meetings via the Web SDK by passing in 1 for the role when generating the signature.

Create the meeting, or use an instant meeting first, then start / join the meeting with the Web SDK.

Yes, as long as you have a different meeting host for each meeting.

In most cases we do not allow white labeling unless you are a Zoom partner. If you want to inquire about a Zoom partnership please let me know.

To use the Web SDK you need at least 1 pro or above account. Then depending on what functionality you want, you would need to pay for each additional meeting host if you want to host multiple meetings at the same time.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Did we need ssl for domain server to enable camera and microphone?
and got the issue generate signature again.
On Server: use serverside generate signature can not join the meeting
but websdk generate is oke.
On local: everything oke

@tommy Thanks for the awesome replay.

I don’t understand Tommy, You told me that using Web SDK we can start/join the meeting. But Michael_Purnell mention that using Web SDK we can only join meeting.but can’t start meeting. we need to start a meeting using start_url ?

I need more details about a zoom partnership ?

Thanks and Regards

Hey @tranvuong1803,

Correct, you need https to enable camera and microphone.

How are you generating the signature?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @manishkumarmm93,

You can start a meeting with the Web SDK by passing in 1 for the role.

You can also start a meeting with just the start_url.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for suitable answer @tommy

I need more details about a zoom partnership ?

Thanks

@tommy i use code c# from, dont edit anything
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/essential/signature

Hey @manishkumarmm93,

You can reach out to isv@zoom.us for Zoom partnerships.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tranvuong1803,

Did the C# code work?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, ít work correctly on my machine, but didn’t work on server product?
May be about datetime on server and datetime on client to generate signature? Y think so?

Hey @tranvuong1803,

Yes it could be related to server and datetime. Please see this thread:

We also have updated our signature sample code to allow more time to connect.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy thanks for this informative thread. We have a slightly different issue. We have created our JWT dev application. Using the API key and API secret we are able to start already created meeting. The condition is meeting has to be created with same account to which the keys belong.
We also want to start meetings which are created from different zoom accounts. Its not possible for us to ask client to input their API key and secret before starting their meetings.
What is the solution for this problem.
In sdk application we are able to ask user to login first and than start their meeting. Such functionality we are not able to locate in web sdk.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards.

Hey @prabhakar.sharma,

Currently with the Web SDK you can only start meetings you own. However, you can join any meeting.

We will work on enhancing this ability.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy,

In our application, user have connected their account using Marketplace app and are able to schedule meeting using API. Now for starting the meeting , we do not have their account Key & Secret. Is there a way similar to Android or Ios sdk using ZAK code start meeting in Websdk?

Hey @navneet,

Not with the Web SDK, but you can start the meeting if the user authorizes your app, and you get the start_url or zak token.

Let me know if that makes sense! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

I am confused by your reply. Do you mean if we have ZAK and start_url we can start it in websdk?

If yes then how? Can you please help me with the steps.

Thanks,
Navneet

Hey @navneet,

You can only start meetings with the Web SDK if you own both the meetings, and the Web SDK JWT app.

To allow external users to start meetings, you can use the start_url, which will open the Zoom App and start the meeting.

Does that answer your questions?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, Tommy.

Added method of Start Url as of now, do you have supporting ZAK in Websdk in roadmap?

Thanks,
Navneet

Hey @navneet,

Nothing on the roadmap yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, I am holding 10 host account and we are able to join the meeting created with parent account but
other user of the parent account created meeting, that we are not able to join “The meeting number is wrong”

1. errorCode: 3706
  2. errorMessage: “The meeting number is wrong.”
  3. method: “join”
  4. result: “The meeting number is wrong.”
  5. status: false