Create meeting is returning 400 error

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Getting a 400 error when trying to send a request to create a zoom event. Ultimately, the goal is to get the zoom meeting to show up in the correct host’s zoom account. I think fixing this 400 error may fix that.

Error
Request failed with status code 400

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error
    Request URL:
    api.zoom.us/v2/users//meetings

Request body:
{“topic”:“Test Event”,“agenda”:"",“settings”:{“auto_recording”:“cloud”,“approval_type”:2,“join_before_host”:true,“mute_upon_entry”:true,“participant_video”:true,“alternative_hosts”:""},“start_time”:“2021-03-18T22:09:00Z”,“duration”:21,“type”:2}

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
It has been working with every event, except for requests from this host_id it seems like. Sometimes the meeting has been showing up in another zoom account (the owner of the host account).

Hey @wesley1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the user ID that you’re seeing this issue with as well as the headers that you’re using for the request.

I’ll investigate the issue further from there.

Thanks,
Max

I figured it out! It seems like we were adding an alternative host who wasn’t part of the zoom account. Code 1114. It seems like I was only printing the error.message which wasn’t giving us the full story.

Additionally, I think the Zoom create meeting API could be cleared up a bit with the above ^ and also stating that you add duration to recurring meetings with a fixed time. (It currently says you can’t do that.)

Hey @wesley1,

Great! I’m glad to hear that you figured it out. It sounds like our documentation around this can be improved so I’ll reach out to our documentation team. Thank you for letting us know!

As always, feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.