Creation of meeting allowing users to join without host

Hey, I am able to create meetings using JWT token via API, I’ve created a meeting, but I am unable to let users join the meeting without the host. What am I doing wrong?

{
“topic”: “Just a test”,
“type”: 8,
“recurrence”: {
“type”:“1”,
“repeat_interval”:90
},
“settings”: {
“host_video”:false,
“participant_video”: true,
“join_before_host”:true,
“audio”: true,
“approval_type”:2,
“waiting_room”:true
}
}

Nothing happens. Participants join the meeting but get stuck at “waiting for host to join the meeting”

Just a quick update, weird functionality, I am able to create a meeting, when i copy paste the https…/j/meetingid into my browser on mobile or web i am able to join the meeting. When I try to join the meeting ID on the zoom app without going through the /j/meetingid it gets stuck with ‘waiting for host to start’.

在创建会议的时候会有一个设置,允许提前进入,可以设置成false。

its set there “join_before_host”:true,

But it only works when using the /j/MEETINGID and not using ‘join meeting’ on mobile via number.

Hey @alon.carmel,

Double check to see if your Join Before Host settings on the Zoom Web Portal are turned on.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @baohanhai! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi, Alon.

I’m facing the same issue. You need to set “waiting_room” to false.

{
  “topic”: “Just a test”,
  “type”: 8,
  “recurrence”: {
    “type”:“1”,
    “repeat_interval”:90
  },
  “settings”: {
    “host_video”:false,
    “participant_video”: true,
    “join_before_host”:true,
    “audio”: true,
    “approval_type”:2,
    “waiting_room”:false
  }
}

This will force participant to auto-start meeting without being listed on Waiting List.
If you don’t set “waiting_room”, that would be listed on Waiting List so the host must be allow participant to join meeting.

1 Like

Hey @fendi.septiawan0709,

Thanks for sharing this tip! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @fendi.septiawan0709 @tommy,

Given the “waiting_room”:false implementation, is it possible to disable the “Your meeting attendees are waiting!” email which is sent to the host?

Hey @jjohn,

Yes, you can disable that email in your account settings:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like