Zoom not allowing participants to join before host join in the meeting

Problem:
zoom not allowing participants to join before host join in the meeting

End point:
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings

Payload:
{“duration”:60,“start_time”:“2021-09-20T16:35:00”,“schedule_for”:"",“agenda”:“test zoom”,“topic”:“test zoom”,“type”:2,“settings”:{“registration_type”:1,“global_dial_in_countries”:,“registrants_email_notification”:true,“mute_upon_entry”:true,“auto_recording”:“cloud”,“audio”:“both”,“use_pmi”:false,“waiting_room”:false,“authentication_option”:"",“alternative_hosts”:"",“join_before_host”:true,“approval_type”:2,“additional_data_center_regions”:,“authentication_domain”:"",“close_registration”:false,“meeting_authentication”:false,“participant_video”:true,“watermark”:true,“host_video”:true,“contact_name”:"",“jbh_time”:0,“contact_email”:""}}

but still it’s not working

Hey @hariahari,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you see this happen, what client are you joining with? What’s the error that you see? Are you able to share a meeting ID where this happened?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,
participants not able to join in the before host joining in the meeting even we are sending
use_pmi:false,
join_before_host:true,
waiting_room:false
after creating the meeting we are getting in the response object waiting_room:true.i’m
thinking that may be this is the problem
meeting_id:85148536734

please help me

Thanks
Hari

Hey @hariahari,

Thank you for getting back to me. Are you sure that’s the right meeting ID? I checked and it looks like that meeting hasn’t been hosted yet.

I would also check that the Waiting Room setting isn’t enabled and locked at the account level.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.