cURL call to get users with JWT token - not working

Hi @captainben99
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
I am happy to help here!

If my understanding is correct after reading your post, it looks like you are trying to generate a JWT token using the meeting SDK app credentials and that’s the reason why you are getting that error.

So, question 1: WIth the API calls, is the token used supposed to be the JWT token? I am NOT using OAuth at all right now, although I did get my callback to work save the OAuth token separately. If not, what “token” should I be using?? The word token is used for really varied things as there are a bunch of them.

To answer your first question, if you are trying to make API calls to our endpoints, you will have to use our Server-to-Server Oauth app that is the app type

So you will be using your account credentials to generate an access token and use it to get users in your account (or to call our endpoints)

Question 2: Since JWT is being depracated and dropped, is my assumption that the client ID and client secret from the sdk app what I am supposed to be using to create the JWT token?

To answer question 2, you will be using the client ID and client secret to generate a JWT-type token to generate your meeting SDK signature

I hope this helps,
Elisa