Curl register meeting participant

does anyone have a curl example on how we can register participants into a meeting ?

i just need registration of firstname and email.

i have been cutting and pasting into the meeting registration link, very painful because there is a captcha to “click”, i am very familiar now with what palm trees, taxis, chimneys , bicycles and motorbikes looks like

Hey @r21,

If you want to add registrants to a meeting, you can do so programmatically via our Add Meeting Registrants API endpoint. Here is an example cURL request:

--url https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/%7BmeetingId%7D/registrants \
  --header 'authorization: Bearer {token}' \
  --header 'content-type: application/json' \
  --data '{"email":"myemail@mycompany.com","first_name":"Mike","last_name":"Brown","address":"123 Main ST","city":"San Jose","country":"US","zip":"95550","state":"CA","phone":"111-444-4444","industry":"Tech","org":"IT","job_title":"DA","purchasing_time_frame":"More Than 6 Months","role_in_purchase_process":"Influencer","no_of_employees":"1-20","comments":"Excited to host you.","custom_questions":[{"title":"Favorite thing about Zoom","value":"Meet Happy"}]}'

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

i didnt get very far, and thing i am doing wrong ?

curl --url https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{9326585xxxx}/registrants --header ‘authorization: Bearer {eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhdWQiOm51bGwsImlzcyI6IlVPQlJNWDVpUmcyZjhaVGxxQll4d1EiLCJleHAiOjE2MDM3OTY3MjcsImlhdCI6MTYwMzE5MTkyN30.XiISAhnbB4Q4BA9f4JqF8IWC0kHpbmP9z_some_removed}’ --header ‘content-type: application/json’ --data ‘{“email":"xxxxxxx@gmail.com”,“first_name”:“ZT”,“last_name”:“api”}’

{“code”:124,“message”:“Invalid access token.”}curl: (6) Could not resolve host:
Bearer
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhdWQiO
m51bGwsImlzcyI6IlVPQlJNWDVpUmcyZjhaVGxxQll4d1EiLCJleHAiOjE2MDM3OTY3MjcsImlhdCI6M
TYwMzE5MTkyN30.XiISAhnbB4Q4BA9f4JqF8IWC0kHpbmP9z0IXwZ5j2_Y’
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: application

Hey @r21,

Can you confirm that you’re using a valid Meeting ID and that your token is still valid? If those are both fine, please also double check that you meet the prerequisites for this endpoint:

Thanks,
Will

yes i am using a valid meeting id
yes the token is still valid
yes i am licensed
can you drop me an email privately i will share the meeting id and token

are the {} required for {token} and {meetingid} ?

Hi @r21,

The curly brackets should not be included for the Meeting ID—it should be something like this:
/meetings/1234567778/registrants

Please try making this adjustment. If you’re still have trouble, you can shoot us an email at developersupport@zoom.us with those additional details.

Thanks!
Will

it works … it is the curl on windows, the command needs more punctuation
{
“registrant_id”: “lCX1gpboQ0KKSxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“id”: 93265xxxxxxxxxx,
“topic”: “xxxxxxxxxxx 2020 - Session 2 - Room 2”,
“start_time”: “2020-10-30TxxxxxxxxxxxxxZ”
}

is there another curl command to get the join meeting link ?

https://zoom.us/w/9326xxxxxxx?tk=XDjctJkv5zCwJeNHmFZ8_AycpgpSWYvh-Zj0Brf5uuU.DQIAAAAVtxQNPBZsQ1gxZ3Bib1EwS0tTU21jdVZFNWJBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&pwd=MVlVUUN6Z3V3bxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it would be helpful to download this link because some participants email filters out the zoom emails, and we would like to send it to them using alternative means like sms

Hi @r21,

I believe we connected over email already, but just in case, cross posting here.

If you’re referring to the link a registrant received to register for a meeting, you can query this by calling the following endpoint:
List Meeting Registrants API

This will return their join_url in the response:

The only parameter you’ll need to pass to make a GET request to this endpoint is the meeting ID for which the users are registered.

You can generate a code sample for this request using our embedded Postman tool here. Just enter the meeting ID where the red box is, your auth token, and click “Code Generation” from the tabs at the top. cURL is one of the pre-populated options to select:

Thanks,
Will