Custom merge fields in Registrants Confirmation Email?

I am using Zoom’s API to create registrant records under meetings and webinars, triggered from a record creation in Salesforce. When a registrant’s data is passed to Zoom, I need to include a unique-per-registrant URL to merge into the confirmation email if possible. This url could even be passed as one of the standard zoom registrant fields (I could take over the ‘last name’ field for example), but is it possible to put a registrant-specific field as a merge into the confirmation email template? Either per event (in the custom header/footer area) or as an email parameter in the branding template itself? I haven’t been able to get anything to merge yet.

Hey @sharoniab

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Hi, the linked thread didn’t answer my question. Could you confirm if what I’m trying to do is possible or a limitation of Zoom confirmation emails?

Hi @sharoniab,

Thanks for reaching out about this and explaining your use case.

Currently you can only customize registration emails via the Zoom Web Portal.

If you were interested in customizing the email further, you could consider disabling the registration confirmation email via API or Web Portal Settings , and send a custom email after a user registers via a service like SendGrid.

While this may not be quite as helpful in your specific case, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

For additional questions on editing certain aspects of this email, you may also want to reach out to support.zoom.us.

Thanks,
Will

This didn’t answer my question and Zoom support never got back to me. I’ll assume this means it’s not possible to do what I’m asking.

Hi @sharoniab,

Our apologies for the delay in hearing back from our Support team—they should get to your inquiry soon, and they’ll be best suited to provide further clarification on your use case, though I do not believe it is possible to put a registrant-specific field as a merge into the confirmation email template.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.