Custom UI for Android over zoom default UI

Description
The requirement is to trigger a layout on top of zoom call, like when the video call is ongoing we should be able to trigger our layout. I tried doing that but then the layout shows beneath the Zoom screen, which is noticeable only once the meeting gets ended.

Hi harshvardhanmandad,

Thanks for the post. If you would like to have the zoom meeting screen and your own view/buttons show up at the same time, you can refer to the implementation of example2:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/tree/master/mobilertc-android-studio/example2

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply @carson.zoom. I saw the example2 code that you shared but our requirement is to trigger a Dialog when the meeting gets started and again when the meeting ends. So the Dialog will be shown on top of the meeting UI, as we need to hear the voice at the same time.

Hi harshvardhanmandad,

Thanks for the reply. You may set up your meeting activity and show your dialog like this:

1. Open values > config.xml
  2. Change the value of zm_config_conf_activity to be YourOwnMeetingActivity
  3. In YourOwnMeetingActivity, extends MeetingActivity from Zoom SDK, now the Zoom Meeting Activity is bind with YourOwnMeetingActivity
  4. Implement the Dialog feature

You may also refer to the answers in:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been throwed When initialize ZoomSDK

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi,
We did used the approach provided in example2 as you mentioned in this thread. Now I am getting the exception as follows

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.bsetec.mspark, PID: 4575
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.bsetec.mspark/com.bsetec.mspark.activity.ZoomCustomMeetingActivity}: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #11 in com.bsetec.mspark:layout/zoom_meeting_layout: Binary XML file line #695 in com.bsetec.mspark:layout/zm_confview: Error inflating class com.zipow.videobox.view.video.RCFloatView
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3448)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3595)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:83)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2147)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7811)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1068)

Please help us in resolving this issue asap.

With thanks and regards

Prasad Munaga

Hi @pmunaga, thanks for using our SDK!

That appears to be from an error with how your activity’s XML is set up and is not within the scope of our SDK. If you are using the same approach as our sample app, please ensure that you have correctly defined all custom views in your project. This stack trace in particular mentions RCFloatView.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Please find the following XML that I am using.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<androidx.coordinatorlayout.widget.CoordinatorLayout
xmlns:android=“http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android
xmlns:app=“http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto
android:id="@+id/coordinatorLayout"
android:layout_width=“match_parent”
android:layout_height=“match_parent”
android:fitsSystemWindows=“true”
android:theme="@style/AppTheme">

<include
    android:id="@+id/meetingContent"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    android:layout_weight="1"
    layout="@layout/zm_conf_main_screen" />

<com.github.rubensousa.floatingtoolbar.FloatingToolbar
    android:id="@+id/floatingToolbar"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="@dimen/zoomBarSize"
    android:layout_gravity="bottom"
    app:floatingMenu="@menu/menu_zoom_buttons"
    android:background="@color/blue_normal"/>

<com.google.android.material.floatingactionbutton.FloatingActionButton
    android:id="@+id/fab"
    android:layout_width="wrap_content"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:layout_gravity="bottom|end"
    android:layout_margin="@dimen/fab_margin"
    android:backgroundTint="@color/blue_normal"
    android:tint="@color/blue_normal"
    android:src="@drawable/ic_share_black_24dp" />

</androidx.coordinatorlayout.widget.CoordinatorLayout>

Please review the above XML and help us in resolving the issue.

With thanks and regards

Prasad Munaga

Hi @pmunaga,

Apologies if my previous post was unclear, but we are unable to assist with your app’s layout XML as it is not directly related to the usage of the Zoom SDK. As Carson mentioned earlier, your best bet is going to be referring to the Zoom SDK GitHub and comparing your UI implementation against the sample apps.

Thanks!

Please tell me how to hide participants in slider zoom sdk android ?

Hi @shirgaonkarmihir14,

I noticed that you had asked this question in a new post, so I will respond to you there.

As a side note, please try to avoid double posting questions so that we can keep the dev forum as easy to navigate for other users as possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!