Embed Zoom Video-Conferencing into Another Activity

We want to embed Zoom video-conferencing into our Android App. Based on the following document (URL below), it looks like we can’t simply put “Zoom Meeting UI” activity into our existing main activity.

Is there a way for us to use our existing main activity as the “root” activity and build Zoom video-conferencing features into our App? I understand that we probably can’t Zoom’s UI directly. We are looking for a way to integrate Zoom’s video conferencing and develop ourselves the necessary supporting UI.

Hi botao,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Yes you can. You can define your own MeetingActivity, for example, MyMeetingActivity and inherit the SDK’s MeetingActivity like this:

public class MyMeetingActivity extends MeetingActivity

and then set the following in your config.xml (https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/example2/src/main/res/values/config.xml#L4 ):

<string name="zm_config_conf_activity">MyMeetingActivity</string>

Then you can implement your own business logic or constraints in MyMeetingActivity . You may refer to the implementation of example2 in our demo app:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/tree/master/mobilertc-android-studio/example2

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

I extended MyMeetingActivity with MeetingActivity
Set the config file.
Integrated Join Meeting option from documentation.
MeetingActivity not coming inside MyMeetingActivity.
I can’t block screenshots. WTF?

Hi,

If you would like to disable the screen capture/screenshots during the meeting, you may add the following code into the onCreate() of MyMeetingActivity(https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/example2/src/main/java/us/zoom/sdkexample2/MyMeetingActivity.java#L43):

getWindow().setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE,
				WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_SECURE);

Then the screen capture will be disabled during the meeting, here is a screenshot of example2:

You may refer to the implementation in example2 and integrate this in your project.

I have nothing to do with your sdk example.
I have extended MyMeetingActivity to MeetingActivity
Configured config.xml
Use your documentation for joinMeetingWithParams when I clicks JoingMeeting It doesn’t calls MyMeetingActivity and loads default sdk screen.

Hey @iqbalbhabha ,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

No @tommy I have issue in customizing waiting and JoinBeforeHost now. I have customized it kindly check this and respond How To Get Zoom token and User ID while integrating the sdk with android?.

hi,

I have integrated Zoom SDK in the ionic app but it covers the full screen. Is there a possibility where zoom take the top half and bottom half, we can use for app content?

Hey @mylearnapp,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Unfortunately, Zoom does not actively maintain the ionic SDK anymore so developer support is limited there. However, if you use one of our Native Mobile SDK’s we would be happy to assist :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael