Customised JWT App

Hi,

Is there a way I can create an app on top of JWT and share it with our customers?

This is the requirement. We are building B2B SaaS product and we are helping our customers to use their Zoom account for conducting online classes. We need a way to create a meeting or start meeting when specific event happens in our app. That means we need to call Zoom API from within our app and also need to confgure Webhooks to track events.

As mentioned, our customers will sign up for Zoom and they will need to provide us the API Key or other relevant information so that we can call the API. That means they will have to add JWT app and setup Webhooks. Considering that they non-technical people, there is a chance that they make mistakes.

• Is there a way we can provide an app with our settings and they can install it?
  • Or is there a way they can invite us as a Developer and we can set it for them?
  • Or is there any other recommendation you’ve to achieve what we need?

Thanks,
Leena

Hey @leenasn,

We highly encourage not sharing API credentials.

The proper way to do this is to create a OAuth App, and then users will authorize your app to make API requests on their behalf.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.

I created a OAuth App as you recommended. But I don’t want to put it in market place. I

found I can share it outside my account using the Publishable URL. But I think I will need approval from Zoom to do the same. I can see the message “Request to share this app outside your account has been sent.” Can you tell me how long it will take to approve the same?

Thanks,
Leena

1 Like

Also, how long it takes to publish the app to the marketplace?

Hey @leenasn,

The request to privately share is only for beta testing. To share your app outside your Zoom account, you must publish it to the Zoom App Marketplace.

If you have completed the submission checklist, it should only take a few days. Due note we are getting a huge amount of submissions at this time and will get to it as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,

Thank you. Will submit it soon.

What about enabling it for beta testing? Can we continue with beta testing for a month or so before publishing to Market place? And what is the procedure for enabling beta testing? Or do you mean to say it will be ready for beta testing once we complete the items in the submission checklist?

Thanks,
Leena

Hey @leenasn,

Yes you can beta test. Just click the “Request to share this app outside this account.” link on the “submit” page in the marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,

I’ve done that y’day. But yet to get a confirmation. Any idea how long it will take?

Here is the screenshot.

Hey @leenasn,

We have a huge amount of these submissions and operate on a first in first out basis, so you are in the queue and we will be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
tommy

Thanks Tommy. Will wait to hear from your team.

1 Like

Thanks for submitting your app! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like