Customize In-meeting UI and Controls for Mobile SDK?

Description
Here is see that the MacOS SDK offers some Customize In-meeting UI and Controls https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/macos/mac-custom-functions

How can we Switch from active speaker video to video wall etc. on iOS? Is this supported if not could you add support support? Is there s work around in the mean time?

Hi tmiskiew,

Thanks for the post. This interface(switch between active speaker view and gallery view) is not available on iOS. I will forward this as a feature request to the engineering team and see if we could add this feature. If you are using Custom in-meeting UI(not customized Zoom default UI), you have the full control of the meeting UI, you should be able to draw your own active speaker view and gallery view, so you may add a control to switch between the views.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank you for your message. Switching is the core of what makes zoom great. I’m stunned that’s it’s not available in the default UI. It’d be fantastic if your engineering team could add it. We didn’t want to reinvent the wheel.

Hi tmiskiew,

Thanks for the reply. May I inquire to confirm the following info: Are you using Zoom default UI or Custom UI on iOS SDK?

If you are using the Zoom default UI, switching between views can be simply done by swiping the screen to the left or to the right(If you have not disabled the gallery view). So switching is available in default UI, we just do not have an interface to do this programmatically.

If you are using Custom UI, since the main concept of Custom UI is you have all the control of your meeting UI, so you will implement your active speaker view and gallery view; Switching between views usually done by the developer since we do not know which view is the active view and which view is the gallery view.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

It’s not about the UI. We need to be able to switch between Active Speaker, Gallery etc using the Mobile SDK for iOS.