Customizing Meetings UI / "Embedding Zoom" into Mobile App (Android, iOS, React Native)

Hi guys,
I was approached by a client that would like to “embed” Zoom UI in existing mobile app.

When I was writing blog post about integrating Zoom SDK into React Native I saw that Zoom UI always uses full screen mode on mobile devices, where developers can customize / hide some labels, colors, etc. - is that correct, please?

What we would like to do, is to implement some kind of this UI layout:

If it’s possible to do it w/ Zoom, could you give us few starting points (e.g. which SDK to use), or even source code examples, please ?

Thank you,

Stefan

Any updates // responses, please ?

Hints for native SDK /Android and iOS would be more than welcomed.

Still no reply ? (even a negative one counts)

Hi @majirosstefan ,

Apologies for the delays here! Have you referenced the SDK comparison? Please review the full breakdowns to help us better isolate which could be best for your client.

Best,
Gianni

1 Like

I think client was interested in fully-customizable video component + the other party can join the meeting using standard Zoom client.

I remember that Meeting SDK is always displayed in full-screen, is that still the case ? (can it be show as part of app UI ? )

Any ideas, please ?

Basically, my question is still the same. Sketch of app UI is attached above.

@majirosstefan , the native platform offers custom UI and the web version offers component view (a portion of the screen). See more details here: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/meeting-sdk/

1 Like

if you use the web version for the integration you could embed zoom with an iframe

customizing could be a problem

• Client view: no customizing (look and feel like the “normal” zoom client)
  • Component view: customizing is possible with restrictions, but there are so many errors …
2 Likes