Customized UI from Beta

Hi all,

We were previously testing the beta of the 2.0 SDK, which included a Customized UI option, where you could completely build your own UI and hook it up to methods and events from the Zoom SDK. Now that 2.0 is out, it has a Component UI instead, which seems to be for embedding a floating zoom “window” into an existing page.

The customized UI idea was previously mentioned here: Customize UI Client - #2 by MaxM

However, more recently, it’s been suggested to use the video SDK instead: Could we build a fully custom UI on top of Meeting SDKs? - #2 by MaxM

We were hoping to build a new feature with it, so are there any plans to bring back the Customized UI into the meeting SDK in the future?

Hey @jakevivi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I can definitely see why there is confusion here. I’ll work to clarify.

If you don’t have a need for typical Zoom Meeting features and you’re looking for a completely customizable UI the Video SDK is likely the best option.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for clarifying @MaxM.

The main reason we wanted to use the Customized UI over the Video SDK is so that our users can use their existing Zoom licences for the meetings, rather than the separate pricing of the Video SDK. The currently available beta only includes the Embedded UI like the released version, so hopefully it returns to the beta soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, Jake

Hi, @jakevivi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. To stay up-to-date with any new or upcoming features, be sure to follow our changelog and upcoming changes pages.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.