Default size of the main client, and min/max sizes for an App

It’s difficult to provide the minimum and maximum default size of the Zoom Client as this can change based on the display being used as well as the operating system the client is running on.

While we could work to determine what ratios of the screen are used in these cases it’s often better to treat the default size as unknown and determine the ratio/size at runtime.

For example,

When testing with a 16" Liquid XDR Macbook default screen, I’m seeing that the window is 1760x1118 outside of meetings and that the sidebar defaults to 740x1876. If we look at this compared to my screen size of 3456×2234 we can see that the default client size is a square ~1/2 of the screen size.

When we look to check the default sidebar size, our ratio isn’t as clean. Instead, we are seeing that the width is almost 1/5th of the screen and the height is ~4/5th

However, these values would vary based on the screen size, scaling ratio, accessibility settings, and another operating system. Now, what if a user has a vertical monitor?

Here’s the code that I used to check:

console.log('width', window.innerWidth * window.devicePixelRatio)
  console.log('height', window.innerHeight * window.devicePixelRatio)

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes