Delete and Transfer Contacts/Recordings to overwrites another Existing User?

I was wondering if deleting and transferring contacts/recordings for one user via the API to a second user will overwrite the second users contacts and recordings? I tried this a month ago via the web interface and the transfer seemed to overwrite any previous recordings/meetings in the second account. We are working on an automation process for the way we handle name / email changes and wouldn’t want a user with two accounts have their current one overwritten.

Hi @mkumar05,

Thanks for reaching out about this. To clarify, it sounds like you’re referring to using the transfer fields in our Delete User API—is that right?

If so, I should clarify that transferring the user’s data (meetings, webinars and cloud recordings) to another user should not have any affect on the other user’s already existing data. Are you seeing something different on your end?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

I am referring to the Delete User API, and you are saying it will append data from the account being deleted into the account the data is being transferred to. That is the information I wanted to validate, so your response is helpful!

It may be there was a mistake in the understanding of what happened, but when I did this manually, the user said they lost their cloud recordings they already made on their new account before the transfer occurred. I will look into this a little further on my end, as it may have been related to scheduling privileges as well.

Will scheduling privileges update to the new account when a user is deleted and transferred to another account, or should this be a manual notification due to any security concerns?

Hey @mkumar05,

Great question! You will want to reconfigure Scheduling Privileges manually for the new account that you have transferred meetings to.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

That helps. I may try the automation path as well since I see the API can list a user’s schedulers, then oppositely delete/update assistants for a user. Since we are using Zoom to provision our users this is needed; otherwise, if we were provisioning users outside of Zoom we probably would only have to update a user’s email address and name.

Hey @mkumar05,

Currently, the API doesn’t have a method to assign Scheduling Privileges. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.