Deleting a user AND transferring meeting via API

Description
When we try to delete a user via the API and pass the transfer_email and transfer_meeting values the user is deleted but also the meeting is deleted. When we try to delete a user in the dashboard , we are prompted with the option to transfer. Selecting transfer meeting and supplying the same email we use in the api call results in a successful transfer.

Is it not possible to transfer all meetings to another user via the delete user API call when using a JWT token ?

Error
No error, the delete completes but meetings are not transfered

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
DELETE /users/{id}?action=delete&transfer_email=&transfer_meeting=true&transfer_recording=true

Hey @utilitynyc

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

We still have the issue. Each user has the scheduler applied in both directions

Hey @utilitynyc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Based on what you’ve described, this does sound a bit strange. Would it be possible to share the exact request that you’re making with the User/Meeting ID so that I can take a further look?

Thanks,
Max

It seems to be all users under our account, no matter if its a email account or sso only account. As well as all meetings.

DELETE /users/3vP_8G2pSg6MGUYz2zO7cg?action=delete&transfer_email=
teacher.e@reconstruction.us&transfer_meeting=true&transfer_recording=true

This should move meeting 81194583720 to the new user (sso only) and make it the host. But it actually just deletes the user and the meeting is deleted as well.

Hey @utilitynyc,

Thank you for providing additional information. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team in regard to this issue to see if they are able to offer any insight. I’ll be sure to update you when I hear back from them. (ZOOM-228449)

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @utilitynyc,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering indicated that only upcoming meetings are transferred when a user is deleted. Are you able to confirm if this meeting was upcoming when the user was deleted?

Thanks,
Max