Demo app crashed on join meeting

Description
When I tried to join a meeting, the demo app crashes.

Which version?
Knowing the version can help us to identify your issue faster.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. JWT
  2. Join without Login
  3. Join by URL
  4. Waiting… and then the app disappears (the console quits)

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Mac
  • Version 10.15.7

Additional context
objc[6496]: Class NSTaskLauncher is implemented in both /Users/yongxingdeng/stenolabs/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/nydus.framework/Versions/A/nydus (0x1198464e8) and /Users/yongxingdeng/stenolabs/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/aomagent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/aomagent (0x11a984148). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[6508]: Class NSTaskLauncher is implemented in both /Users/yongxingdeng/stenolabs/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/caphost.app/Contents/MacOS/caphost (0x10a963200) and /Users/yongxingdeng/stenolabs/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/nydus.framework/Versions/A/nydus (0x10ec234e8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
2020-10-21 18:14:54.780 Electron[6496:3517168] Mac Address: DC:A9:04:7B:0C:29
user/zoom-sdk-electron [master●] »

@yongxing I’m stuck on this one now as well. We should be pair programming today. lol

Would be super down @evandy

Hi @evandy, @yongxing!
Did you get with any ideas why such errors appeared?
I faced with the messages as well. Wrote about that in the topic `authcb` is not called
What do you think? Is my assumption correct?

@carson.zoom are you able to provide any insight to why the app is closing/crashing based on the original post above? @iMykola i was also thinking it could be a permissions issue based on another forum that mentioned Apple privacy violates in their crash report but I don’t get anything in my logs

@carson.zoom is it required to codesign the MacOs demo app in order to run it locally? It looks like the app crashes on join because of Apple’s privacy violation when trying to access audio and camera.

MacOS asks you for permission. In case you denied before it won’t ask you any more. You have to grant permissions manually using System Preference.
But keep in mind that you have to grant permission for the app which executes your script. If you run the app as npm script from terminal you should choose your emulator in the settings (for exaple iTherm2) not Electron or Zoom.

Anyway, I guess permissions has nothing in common with errors mentioned in the current topic

1 Like

Did anyone manage to figure out the underlying problem?

Nothing on my end unfortunately.

Hi @yongxing, @evandy,

Thanks for the post. I have just tried to follow the steps to reproduce this issue with the demo app and I was able to join a meeting with URL without any issues.

These are some normal outputs and unfortunately the error does not reveal in info provided.

No, all you need to do is to run the build_nodeaddon_mac.sh first, and then run the run_demo_mac.sh. The demo app has taken care of the corresponding permission request so it will show a pop-up when the permission is required(such as mic, or camera).

What is the SDK version that you are having issues with? Please note that the Electron and the Nodejs version has changed in the latest version of SDK demo app. Here are the steps to install the dependencies(GitHub - zoom/zoom-sdk-electron: Zoom Electron SDK):

1. Install node.js 12.16.1 version,download url: Index of /download/release/v12.16.1/. also can run ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" and sudo brew install node to install node.js
  2. Install electron 8.2.4 version,use command run npm install --save-dev electron@8.2.4 -g
  3. run npm install node-gyp -g to install node-gyp
  4. run npm install bindings -g to install bindings

If you have everything well configured and it is still not working, could you provide the SDK log and the .crash log(if any) so that we could further investigate?

Thanks!

Thanks for the post. I have just tried to follow the steps to reproduce this issue with the demo app and I was able to join a meeting with URL without any issues.
But keep in mind that you have to grant permission for the app which executes your script. If you run the app as npm script from terminal you should choose your emulator in the settings (for example iTherm2) not Electron or Zoom.
Class NSTaskLauncher is implemented in both /Users/yongxingdeng/stenolabs/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/caphost.app/Contents/MacOS/caphost (0x10a963200) and /Users/yongxingdeng/stenolabs/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/nydus.framework/Versions/A/nydus (0x10ec234e8).

1 Like

Thanks @carson.zoom & @aawwais31. Appreciate your help with this.

1 Like

@aawwais31 Thanks for the information. It is helpful!

@evandy Hope the above info could help you resolve the issue you are facing. Please let me know if any other questions.

Thanks!

hi
I am having a similar kinda issue.

1. when I go with no login way, after join the app closes,
  2. when I go with login, after join the app closes but I can see that I have joined the meeting.

i did follow all steps mentioned.
sdk version - v5.2.42037.1112
macOS version -10.15.3

on console:
objc[32422]: Class ZoomLauncher3rdSdkIPCReciever is implemented in both /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/ZoomSDKChatUI.framework/Versions/A/ZoomSDKChatUI (0x119e5b400) and /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/zChatApp.bundle/Contents/MacOS/zChatApp (0x11f83f888). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[32422]: Class ZPLogHelperImp is implemented in both /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/ZoomSDKChatUI.framework/Versions/A/ZoomSDKChatUI (0x119e6a298) and /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/zChatApp.bundle/Contents/MacOS/zChatApp (0x11f83f9a0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[32422]: Class ZPLogHelperNull is implemented in both /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/ZoomSDKChatUI.framework/Versions/A/ZoomSDKChatUI (0x119e6a2e8) and /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/zChatApp.bundle/Contents/MacOS/zChatApp (0x11f83f9f0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Error: Send error, 60 Operation timed out
objc[32422]: Class NSTaskLauncher is implemented in both /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/nydus.framework/Versions/A/nydus (0x120010528) and /Users/grepsale/Documents/zoom-sdk-electron/demo/node_modules/electron/dist/Electron.app/Contents/Frameworks/aomagent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/aomagent (0x121d3a1c8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

2021-01-04 08:31:27.935 Electron[32422:448779] Mac Address: *
2021-01-04 08:32:04.415 Electron[32422:448779] Mac Address: *
:sparkles: Done in 134.38s.

the same goes, when tried to start a meeting, and i had another meeting , gives an alert asking to either close the other meeting. After closing the other meeting, the app crashes

Hey @roopak,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you still experiencing this issue in the latest version of the sample app?
Note, the latest version of the SDK/Sample app is on Zoom Marketplace and not Github.

Edit: Just saw you have a thread here: Electron demo app crashes after join. Lets continue there :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael