Detecting User's removal from a meeting

Description
I would like to detect a situation (get a callback?) in which the user connected to some Zoom meeting through the Web SDK gets removed by the host.

Error
I had some hope that I’d be able to detect that with the new 1.8.0 ‘inMeetingServiceListener’ feature.
However I don’t get any callback when using that. I’ve tried to connect all the events provided in the docs: ‘onUserJoin’, ‘onUserLeave’, ‘onUserIsInWaitingRoom’, ‘onMeetingStatus’. None of them get called when the user gets removed from the meeting.

Which version?

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. (Host) Start a meeting
  2. (User) Connect to it using Web SDK client
  3. (Host) Remove the User by clicking ‘Remove’
  4. (User) My JavaScript code is unable to get the information that the user got removed from the meeting.

Additional context
I see that the Zoom Web SDK is aware of getting disconnected, however the inMeetingServiceListener doesn’t provide that info.
All I see in the console is
video_websocket_on_close
sharing_websocket_on_close
Maybe there are some other inMeetingServiceListener events which might help?

Hey @jerzy,

Have you tried using the Participant Left Meeting webhook?

If that won’t work for your use case, I will add this as a feature request, to detect a users removal via the inMeetingServiceListener. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for your answer, @tommy!

We’ve already tried the webhook and we were unable to pinpoint the exact client instance to be disposed, due to how our system works.

I’d appreciate putting this on your ‘feature request’ list. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jerzy

+1 here too.

Webhook are a good thing but definitely not the way to go for a reactive front end application.
Please increase the number of event / action we can subscribe on the Web SDK api.

@tommy : is it possible to make a more generic feature request to add any / all kind of event that could happen during a meeting ? The more option are offered to us the better.

Thank you.

Hey @nvivot, @jerzy,

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

I have just added this as a feature request in our backlog. (CS-2325)

I will update you once we start development on it.

-Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.