Dice roller for in-call messaging window possible?

@DoomsDave are you looking for any help? Definitely interested in this, and may have dev bandwidth as well

2 Likes

Hi @melestrua thanks for the offer.
We are still trying to work it out at the moment but will give you a shout if we need another pair of eyes!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this, would love to use the conferencing software I use at work to play D&D games also! With the pandemic preventing face-to-face play, this can’t come too soon!

1 Like

Hey @michael2,

This is close to being published! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

3 Likes

Hi there! I am not a dev, but I do run d&d games for children through zoom and have a really difficult time because many of them will roll “nat 20s” an awful lot, creating disparities between the kids looking for an authentic experience and the kids who just want to have the best die rolls all the time. This is difficult to arbitrate without creating a lot of extra work so I have to get inventive. I will LOVE a die roller chatbot like discord if you guys could finangle it. Sorry I can’t help but I know someone who might if he has the bandwidth. Let me know! Please keep me informed if/when you have something we could use!!! Thanks so much for the awesome work you guys are all doing over there at Zoom.us!

I’m here for the updates @tommy

@Tommy - also… what’s it going to be called?

Any updates Tommy? Waiting with baited breath here in the UK…

I’m also interested. Please update me on a release date when available

Hey @mylessc1, @david.mingay, @jalvarez, @stevejf,

It is in the queue to be reviewed and published to the marketplace! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

Thanks so much! We’ll be watching for the release! Really excited for this!!

I’m here for the updates! Would line to be able to use this for my class’s final on Thursday!

Hi, I’m curious about this project because I was experimenting with something similar: will the chatbot respond to in-meeting chats? Because other documentation seems to point to Zoom chatbots only being able to respond to the separate chat channel. I’m just wondering how this will work in an actual meeting.

Also signing in to express interest in this!

Is there an ETA on this project? Just wondering if we are talking a day or so, or week+

Hi there. The app will be resubmitted for its second round of approval tomorrow so we hope that this will be our final submission.

The app will be named “DnD Dice” and, according to Tommy, will be Zooms first gaming app. Exciting. My group and I tested it last night while playing on Zoom and it was a real benefit to see everyone’s roll.

In the meantime, if you visit www.figmentfantasy.com you can sign up to our newsletter to be informed as soon as this this app will be available.

1 Like

Congratulations and thank you david. Really excited to try this out. Wish I have it for tonight’s session, but next week works too. Glad they can branch out into some gaming apps

@DoomsDave Unless you have cleared your use of ‘Dnd’ with Hasbro/WOTC, I strongly recommend calling it ‘Gaming Dice’, ‘RPG Dice’, ‘TableTop Dice’ or some other variant that doesn’t infringe on a registered trademark.

Zoom is big enough that it probably won’t slip under their radar, and if they (as a company) don’t protect their registered marks, the marks will end up public domain. (See ‘Xerox’, ‘Kleenex’, ‘Band-Aid’).

@loydb Fortunately the app usage and name falls under WotCs Fan Content policy and this has also been confirmed in writing by WotC, so thankfully “DnD” won’t cause any issues.

Great! I didn’t want there to be any surprises… :slight_smile:

1 Like