Dice roller for in-call messaging window possible?

My pack of nerds will be using Zoom and Arkenforge to run our D&D games because we don’t want to die. Does the API provide hooks that could be triggered by someone typing ‘/roll d20’ in the chat and I could return a die roll value?

2 Likes

Hey @loydb,

Sounds like a Chatbot App will be perfect for your D&D!

Checkout the slash command docs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Oh heck yeah we support that! Use the docs Tommy mentioned to learn about the properties and features of chatbots and our API you can use!

I ran a D&D game last Friday night, not many showed…I would <3 to join yours if you will have me? :smiley:

1 Like

Hey post in this thread if a chatbot has been developed and is ready for use, thanks!

Hey @irajacobs,

You can also stay updated here on the App Marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

This is above my paygrade, but my nonprofit would love it if something like this existed – we run creative writing workshops, and have a few instructors who would like to play writing games that involve randomization.

Any chance this (or the source it points to) would be helpful to someone? http://roll.diceapi.com/

Thanks for sharing @jeremy,

Currently the Zoom Developer team does not have bandwidth for this, but maybe someone in our developer community will build this! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Oh, yeah, 100% understood, Tommy! Sorry if I didn’t make that clear, but yeah, I’m definitely looking for some community members to look into this togeher.

1 Like

Hey @jeremy,

And we will consider it for any sample apps we make in the future! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi guys,

We are in the processing of developing this and HOPEFULLY will have it working properly this evening. How long will it take to have the app approved once submitted? I am playing a game of DnD tomorrow and it would be good to have this available for my players.

Thanks,

David

2 Likes

Hey @DoomsDave,

Thanks for creating this! The app submission process operates on a first in first out basis and we have seen a huge increase of app submissions so we will approve it as quickly as we can.

To make sure it is approved as quickly as possible, please follow the submission checklist.

Thanks again for building on the Zoom developer platform!
-Tommy

Hi there,
I’d be keen to know when this is up and running too!

1 Like

Hey @mphwaldock,

I will post back here once @DoomsDave chatbot is finished! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@DoomsDave did you have any luck? Awesome idea and really hoping you can get it through.

Hey @rachferrell,

We are working with @DoomsDave to make this happen! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

we are setting up a virtual game convention and a dice rolling app would make Zoom the perfect option!!!

1 Like

Thanks for your interest! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Any eta on when the app will be ready?

Hi all,
Any news about this api? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey @lele.banchini, @lele.banchini, no updates yet!

I will post here with progress!

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like