Disabling attendee emails

I’m building a platform that integrates with Zoom, but want that platform to handle all communication with attendees. This makes all the emails Zoom sends 100% redundant. I don’t mind the host emails, but attendees will get confused if they start getting meeting/webinar reminders both from zoom and our platform.

Is there any way (ideally via the API) to disable all outgoing emails for a meeting/webinar?
So far I’ve had to resort to feeding Zoom fake emails to avoid the users’ real emails getting spammed by Zoom.

Hi @Gabriel_Gallagher,

Have you tried our setting registrants_confirmation_email to false using the Update Meeting API - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingupdate ?

Thanks

Wouldn’t that still leave them with reminder emails?
I’m trying to get rid of all emails sent to attendees, not just the initial confirmation email.

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

Any update on this?

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

Any update on this?

We had roughyl the same issue with a web app, and we solved it by doing what Michael suggested above. Create the meeting, and immediately Update it, setting the registrants_confirmation_email to false.
Two catches: First, you can’t create the meeting with that attribute set, because the Create meeting cannot contain that attribute. Second, when you update the meeting, you need to also re-send all the settings attributes, because if you don’t, they are all reset to their default values.
This way, if you are not using any calendar integrations in your Zoom account, there are no emails sent when you add registrants to a meeting.

Hello,

My requirement is to stop all emails which have zoom meeting id.
And I have used this “registrants_confirmation_email = false” for update meeting but its not working for me.
Any one have idea which other parameters is required to do this?

Thanks

Hey @pavan,

I just tested and updating the registrants_confirmation_email worked.

PATCH /meetings/{meetingId}

{
  "settings": {
  	"registrants_confirmation_email": false
  }
}

After checking in Zoom Meeting Dashboard:

Can you provide more details on what is not working? Are you getting errors?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like