Does your SDK use UIWebView?

Can you tell me if your SDK use UIWebView?

Hi idit,

Thanks for the post. You can use UIWebView with our SDK for content sharing, etc. Is there any specific information that you are looking for? Or are you facing any issues?

Thanks!

I’m asking if you’re using UIWebView in your SDK. I’m getting a warning from Apple regarding UIWebView in my code and I’m not using it.

Hi idit,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we are using UIWebView in our SDK.

Thanks!

UIWebView is deprecated by Apple. Apple will start declining apps with UIWebView in the code. Can you please try and fix it? Moving to WKWebView is quite easy

Hi idit,

Thanks for the reply. Since our SDK involves a lot of component among all Zoom services, it cannot be done with a simple find and replace. I will forward this to our engineering team and we will look into this.

Thanks for the post again. I will let you know if I have any updates.

I totally understand that this isn’t gonna happen in a day. I hope that my next app will not be rejected because of it :frowning:

Hi idit,

Thanks for your understanding. We totally understand your concern. Pardon the inconvenience caused by this. I have reported this situation to our engineering team and I will keep you updated.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,
Any updates?

Thanks,
Idit

Hi idit,

Thanks for the reply. I have reported this issue to our engineering team and we will have the fix for this issue in the next release. Please follow our Github repo for updates on the release: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thank you so much!
Idit

1 Like

Thanks Carson!

-Tommy

Hi idit.barash,

Our new Client SDK release is now available. You may find the latest iOS SDK here: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/releases/tag/v4.4.56624.1028. In this release, we have removed the UIWebView in our SDK.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for updating me. We’ll update the SDK ASAP

1 Like

Hi idit,

Sound great. Let me know if any questions. Happy Zooming!

1 Like