Download URL is not working

Glad to hear that fixed it! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

HI Tom,
Any update?

Thanks.
Regards,
Selva

This fixed my Python script. Now it downloads ALL cloud recordings.

Funny how before we didn’t need to include the JWT token in the download_url for it to work.

Thanks!

1 Like

@tommy

Hi,

Suddenly, for today’s recordings, only authenticated users can view was enabled under share settings even though I have switched it off at account level and recording level settings.

Because of this, all my recordings download got failed even with JWT token.

It would be good if these changes are done with prior notifications. Also, currently what should I do to disable this.

Currently, I’m manually changing the option and running the recording transfer job. Please do let me know the step to avoid this.

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

The current way to download protected recordings is to use JWT_Token.

download_url?access_token=JWT_TOKEN_HERE

The release of OAuth access tokens being able to download recordings has been delayed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @rrodrigues,

Glad you got it working! We updated our security for downloading recordings and that is why you have to use the JWT Token. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @te_zoom.admin,

Were your settings changed by another Zoom user?

You could lock the setting at the admin level to keep your Zoom recordings in the “Public” setting.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tom,
we are using: download_url?access_token=download_token in our Node.js code.

But still we are getting ECONNRESET errors. Still files not fully downloaded in some cases.

Could you please check and let me know?

Thanks.
Selva

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Can you please private message me the meeting id.

Thanks,
Tommy

Sent Tom. Please check and let us know
Thanks.
Selva

Thanks @selva.iyyamperumal,

I will check as soon as possible.

-Tommy

It looks like when I try to request a video download by adding the “?access_token=”+jwt, the response I get is a 302 (temporary redirect), but there is no “Location” header to tell me where to redirect to. I think there should be. This might be in violation of HTTP protocol.

Hey @magmatic,

Can you please send this and the download_url to developersupport@zoom.us so we can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I got the same problem.
Did someone solve this problem with PHP?

@tommy
download_url and down_load token I got from “recording.completed” event that works normally with wget and browser but do not work with curl.
GuzzleHttp\Client also does not work.

Hey @kju ,

Can you please send this and the download_url to developersupport@zoom.us so we can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

Can you post the PHP CURL code that works for downloading the recordings. I keep getting “Download has been disabled by the administrator (200)” even after using the JWT token with the download URL i get using the V2 API.
I have an urgent need to download recordings from my account.

Hey @ssnukala,

It sounds like your Zoom admin or owner has disabled Cloud Recordings from being downloaded. Make sure this setting is turned on:

You can check the setting here: https://zoom.us/account/setting?tab=recording

Thanks,
Tommy

I just verified it is enabled. I am one of the Admins and we have multiple licensed users recording their meetings, i am writing a script to download all the recordings.
But when I use the download URL plus the JWT token in the access_token query parameter it gives me the error

This is working now, had an issue with the JWT value, fixed that and now i am able to download.

But only works if I am actually logged into my Zoom Account. and gives me {"status":false,"errorCode":124,"errorMessage":"Forbidden"} when I am not logged in

Hey @ssnukala,

Is your download url in this format:

download_url?access_token=JWT_TOKEN_HERE

If you are still having issues, please send your download_url to developersupport@zoom.us so we can assist further.

Thanks,
Tommy