Download zoom meeting recording programatically

How can I download zoom meeting recording programmatically. Prior there was no password for recording. But nowsdays zoom asking for password for recording but I have not set any password as i don’t need.

Now the issue is to download recording programmatically. Please tell the way how to download it.

Hi @rohit, to access a password protected cloud recording, add an “access_token” parameter to the download URL and provide a JWT as the value of the “access_token”.

Use the GET Meeting Recordings API as a reference.

Hello @michael.zoom ,
I also have the same problem . i have JWT access token .and it work fine for other apis .
but when download the recording . like what you said

if i tried curl download file method i got empty answer .

but when i tried to download as get method i got

{“status”:false,“errorCode”:401,“errorMessage”:“java.lang.NullPointerException”,“result”:null}

Best regards

Hey @momaiz.net,

Can you private message me your download URL with the JWT Token attached so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,
I am using OAuth Token for all authentication process and API calling instead of JWT Token. How can i download recordings using OAuth? I tried to use OAuth token inplace of JWT token but unable to download recording it says:

{“status”:false,“errorCode”:401,“errorMessage”:“com.saasbee.webapp.exception.common.ValidationException: This API does not support oAuth2.”,“result”:null}

Suggest me any solution to download these recordings using OAuth authentication

Hey @shaheer.shahab,

You will need to use the download_token received from the Cloud Recording Completed Webhook.

download_url?access_token=DOWNLOAD_TOKEN_HERE

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hello @tommy .
How are you today ?
I sent you PM as you asked , can you please check it .

Contain download url and access token

Best regards
Momaiz

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for the info on the download token on the webhook. How do you access existing password-protected recordings that were there before the Oauth authorization? With webhooks I can only access new recordings as they happen.

Thanks,
Stephen

Hey @stephen,

You can use a JWT Token to download prior password protected recordings.

download_url?access_token=JWT_TOKEN_HERE

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @momaiz.net,

I will check thanks!

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy What about for an Oauth app? Is it possible to download prior password protected recordings from another account that has been authenticated?

@tommy I have the same question as @stephen

How does an OAuth app download prior password protected recordings? Or handle missed callbacks, or cases when the download can’t be completed within the 1 hour time frame of the token provided in the webhook?

Hey @clippermadness, @stephen,

We are working on this exact case and will include it in an upcoming release soon.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy! We’ll be on the lookout, but do you have an ETA? Meanwhile, I can confirm that the JWT mechanism works as a stopgap.

Hey @clippermadness,

ETA is in the coming months, but that is subject to change. Glad the JWT workaround is working for you!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Thanks for your reply, looking forward for your upcoming release for OAuth app.

I am now using JWT as a work around but i am facing problem when downloading cc files. I appended JWT token with the dowload_url and it is working fine with every file except these cc files.

https://zoom.us/rec/play/vtt?fid=file_id&type=cc&access_token=jwt_token

When i hit this URL a blank page appear. Any suggestion?

Hey @shaheer.shahab,

Can you private message me your full CC file with the JWT Token attached so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I am also trying to download using JWT token but password is being asked.

download_url?access_token={JWT}
How do I make it working?

Hey @raj1,

How are you making the request to download it? Can you please share your code snippet?

Thanks,
Tommy

I could figure this out but now I am facing another challenge

All my meetings are recurring meetings. When I am dowloading recording , recording only of the last session are downloading.

How can I download recordings of all sessions of the meeting?