Downloading Recordings

We are working on an implementation to download the recordings to our local share using the saved download URLs from the processed Recording Completed callbacks. However, we are not able to get/see the extension of the file for some reason. Is this a known issue or is there an example on a suggested approach?

We started storing the file type in the database, so we can certainly leverage that. However, we have number of records prior to introducing the column and code to store it and not sure how to handle those records.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT/Webhook s

Hey @kupadhyaya

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

These are good suggestions, but don’t help with our issue. Can someone provide some input or suggestion on why the file extension would not be available?

Hey @kupadhyaya,

Are you saying that when downloading a recording via the download_url, the file extension is not present in the downloaded file name?

Can you please share an example of what the issue is? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

That’s correct, so if you plug the download URL in the browser, it will download the file, where you see the name.extension, which is all good. However, in our implementation, we are making the WebRequest with the URL and we’re inspecting the Content-Disposition in the Response Headers for this info, but it doesn’t contain filename and extension, as seen in an example. How can we get this information?

StatusCode : 200
StatusDescription : OK
Content : {37, 80, 68, 70…}
RawContent : HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Pragma: public
Content-Description: File Transfer
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="124062-77194-invoice.pdf"
Content-Length: 48233
Cache-Control: public
Content-Type: a…
Headers : {[Pragma, public], [Content-Description, File Transfer], [Content-Disposition, attachment; filename=“124062-77194-invoice.pdf”], [Content-Length, 48233]…}
RawContentLength : 48233

Hey @kupadhyaya,

Thanks for clarifying. I can appreciate the trouble this causes for historical records, and you raise a good point. I’ve reached out to our Engineering team to see if this is something we might be able to support. (ZOOM-198177).

I’ll keep you posted!

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.