Chat recording download url from webhook returning html error page

Description
Hello,

I had an issue when downloading chat recording after receiving zoom webhook “Recording completed event”. I was expecting to get the chat content, but I received an html page containing an error message.

Error
I received an html page with the following content :
(I do not write the full html page, but only relevant content)
Cannot download the recording (300)

Which Endpoint/s?
I called the url present in webhook json data at this location :
payload.recording_files.download_url

Also theses headers are added to the request :
“Authorization”, "Bearer " + token
“Content-Type”, “application/json”

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Now if I call the same URL with the same headers, I can see the chat recording content.
I would like if possible to know the cause so we can prevent it from happening again.

Hey @ljacquel

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I think my problem is slightly different from the problem suggested by the bot. Can you please have a look at it ?

Thank you.

Hi @ljacquel,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you copy the value returned for the download_url field and enter it directly into a browser, do you experience the same issue? This may be an issue with how you’re executing the download in your local environment, but this should help to clarify.

Let me know when you have a chance!

Best,
Will

@will.zoom

Hi Will,

Thank your for your response.

I have copied the url field and entered in browser (when I am logged in zoom site), and the chat was downloaded correctly. Also, I tried to download the url with postman using same header with the token as our application do, and works too.

So this problem happened only one time, after webhook for recording completing.

For now I have redownloaded the chat content manually, so it is not a problem anymore for this meeting.

But I would like to know the cause, so I can prevent this from happening again.

You are able to check on zoom logs if something wrong happened, and/or to tell me what this error page means ?

It happened after receiving webhook at 2020-09-05 15:14:38.649 (Japanese time) and calling the download url.
The record ID was fd82dd79-ec31-4181-8c61-54b8dfd2d79b
The meeting ID was 91014692287

Thank you.

Loic.

HI @ljacquel,

Thank you for your reply and for clarifying that this seems to have been a one time event. That said, I will be happy to look into it further. Do you happen to have a screenshot of the error page you received at the time as well?

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom
Hi Will,

Yes, I think it was a one time event, but maybe it could happen again so it might be good to understand potential causes.

Here is a screenshot of the html page :

It looks like that is it always refreshing itself …

I also have the html content here :

Thanks,
Loic.

Hi @ljacquel,

Thanks for the screenshot! After doing some digging, I believe this was likely a transient error, possibly due to a temporary disruption to the auth method.

While I don’t believe there’s anything to worry about here, can you let me know if you run into this again? We’ll be happy to further investigate!

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom

Hi Will,

Thank you for your checking.
Understood, we will let you know if this problem happen again.

Loic.

Thanks @ljacquel — please do!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.