DTMF in zoom rooms status

Hi, Is there an update on getting DTMF tones working in Zoom Room telephony calls? I saw another thread mentioning it was in the works–but no ETA. Support says RFC2833 is supported, but VOIP calls routing out via CUCM seem like they may be sending tones inband?

Hey @mmcfetridge,

I am looking into this and should have an answer by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy. I haven’t done a wireshark trace to confirm this–but it seems like to be a in-band/out-of-band mismatch? You guys DO have settings on the SIP integration tab that appear to indicate you support OOB signaling e.g. RFC2833/4733.

DTMF/RFC2833 payload type (Optional) 101

I’m trying to recall when I had DTMF issues with a clearone converge pro DSP, and they had a payload setting that let it auto-neg. I’m grasping at straws at this point. thanks again!

@tommy false alarm… I figured it out. Our CUCM instance was expecting the payload type to be 100 not 101. DTMF tones are working correctly now. mwm

1 Like

@mmcfetridge I’m glad you figured it out!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tommy

While i have you. There appears to be a bug with Crestron panels and Zoom Rooms–where you have a zoom splash page pop up everytime you dial a phone number. The only way to fix this at the moment is to disable the setting for “Zoom Room Page Flip" on the Crestron panel (TSW-1060) so that essentially it is in a Zoom only mode. This same bug was popping up when you attempted to change camera presets.

Can you send me a photo of the Zoom Splash Page?

Thanks,
Tommy

here is the infamous splash screen. thx, m

Thanks for sending this @mmcfetridge.

Our engineering team is looking at this. We will get back to you!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @mmcfetridge,

Can you email us with your issue and the photo to developersupport@zoom.us so we can get the Zoom Room team to help out.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Is this a separate channel of support versus normal tech support channels? I haven’t had much luck getting tickets resolved when opening them through the ticketing process. A lot of tickets end up going off to being a "feature request’ with no ability to track or see an ETA.

I’m happy to follow your instructions above ^. thanks again!

MattM

Hey @mmcfetridge,

The Zoom Room engineers are not on the developer forum which is for questions about our API, SDK’s, and App Marketplace, so we will be able to assist you better if you email developersupport@zoom.us. We will make sure your issue gets resolved :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy