Dynamic Publishable URL

Description
I want to create an OAuth app for my application which can have subdomains but I don’t know how to handle a publishable URL with a dynamic redirect_uri.

Details
How do I create a publishable URL with the effect of having a dynamic redirect_uri. For example, when I go to the marketplace and install Slack, I’m taken to the subdomain of my company’s Slack account. How can I achieve the same thing?

Hey @peyterkim,

Let me know if my post here helps:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy,

That makes sense but where I’m having trouble is when a user goes to the Zoom marketplace and clicks “Install”, how would my app programmatically override the default redirect URI. I understand I can do that from within my own application where I have the context of the user and the subdomain but that context wouldn’t exist in the Zoom marketplace.

To provide more context, I’m in the settings for my OAuth app in the “Submit” section where I can “Preview URL”. There I can choose to “Install”, but I’m not sure how the redirect_uri is supposed to take the user to their subdomain.

Hey @peyterkim,

Good question! You can use the “Visit Site to Install” option on the “Information” page which will change the Marketplace “Install” button to be a link to your site:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 3.26.47 PM

Thanks,
Tommy