Embed Zoom into Website

Hi Guy @tommy and @chad

I just noticed that I am using the parameter prefer=0, I will test it again. Sorry about that.

Hi @tommy, @chad,

We are using webinars and embedding them on our website using the iframe.

Up until yesterday this was working well.

Now we are getting a “User email is required. (300)” error.

We are embedding the email using the uel parameter

https://zoom.us/wc/<%=videoId %>/join?prefer=1&un=<%= first_name_base64 %>&uel=<%= email_base_64 %>

Any advice?

Hi, @tommy, @studio-woburn

I did a test today and I’ve got this (it’s also a webinar):

you can see that I’ve printed out on my console the URL which I am setting on Iframe src.

FWIW we believe this is a new bug with zoom which started sometime over the weekend: Web client has stopped working when embedded in an IFRAME

Hi @flippyhead

Same problem with @ricardo9300.
Do you have any updates?
Thanks

We solved it here Zoom Web Client Iframe Integration insecure http redirect?

I am encountering the same issue. The WC just doesn’t open in the iframe…UNTIL…you open the WC in a separate window in the browser (just use whatever url you were using in the iframe). Once you have opened the WC in a separate window, you can close it. Then the iframe link starts working.

Bizarre…obviously a problem. But, that is what I have found… I am out here searching for a better workaround or a solution. I would be curious to know if this workaround works for anyone else.

Thanks, Bryan

Hi @tommy
Is there any other alternative instead ‘&uel=base64EncodedEmail’?

I’m trying to authenticate without e-mail information but I’m facing the same impeditive.
I think there is a relation with this issue with ‘https’.

Tks.

How did you acheive it… can you share please

Its in the settings as selectable…if you dont know, just ask me again and i will outline where.
good luck.

1 Like

I don’t really know please send me a sample code

Hey can you help me out, I embedded zoom on my website but the audio settings is showing browser not supported please upgrade browser when it is in an iframe. But it shows Join Audio when it is through a normal URL… Note I am testing over http, is that the reason or can you just help me with a sample code

Hey everyone,

Right now the official supported way to embed Zoom into a website is with our Web SDK. We have tutorials, sample apps, and docs to help you.

We are considering supporting an official iFrame solution in the future.

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

Hello @tommy

I’ve been reading through the whole post but I seem to be unable to start my embed I don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

The embed is as easy as

where the meeting id is a meeting Id I’ve created through an API request via postman using my JWT generated token… but what I get is the zoom site with a blank white page.

I have an educational site in which I need users to have chance to create meetings and add other users, as simple as that, but I can’t make it work yet.

Can you help me?

EDIT: as a side question, I’ve read that if I want my users to create and join meetings, they must be all registered to zoom. So I would also need to authetincate all of them with OAuth2. Isn’t there a way in which all users use MY account to create and join meetings as if mine was a super account, and keep the JWT authentication?

Hi, Tommy! @tommy
I have successfully deployed Web SDK local version via npm.
It lives on the another port, 9999 therefore it’s absolutely doesn’t suits client requirements. He needs that users be able to use Zoom directly on the website page, at customer account pages without redirecting and etc.
Would you suggest me how can I do this?
Iframe implementation works for me but you don’t recommend to use it and this solution is not crossbrowser.
Please help! Thanks!

Dear fellow,

I have the same issue on my website as i’m using https domain.
Here it follows my code to find a help with:

1. i tried to allow both websites on Google Chrome web browser (Zoom and mine)
  2. although it’s not working through the my personal website, it works flawlessly through their website or the app Zoom
  3. i noticed that full screen is not working also
  4. from tests made i can always listen and see the host from the other side, but on my access still no mic nor video

Could you please advise?

Dear Tommy,

I have couple issues applying iframe on my website:

1. no microphone nor video access when joining a meeting
  2. no full screen on zoom meeting into the private website

Results are:

Your camera is not launched properly, please check browser media permission settings.
Your browser is preventing access to your microphone. [Learn] how to allow access to your microphone.

Here it follows my code to find a help with:

1. i tried to allow both websites on Google Chrome web browser (Zoom and mine)
  2. although it’s not working through the my personal website, it works flawlessly through their website or the app Zoom
  3. i noticed that full screen is not working also
  4. from tests made i can always listen and see the host from the other side, but on my access still no mic nor video

Could you please advise?

Hey @jodyp79, @pensarajustica,

To embed the Zoom Web Client into your website, please use the Web SDK.

@jodyp79, yes, just use a JWT Token and create meetings for your users. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @pavel.p,

The port is not required to host the Web SDK. Simply host the Web SDK files on a static web hosting service and it will work.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy!
Thanks for your reply!
Using web sdk always requires redirecting from the main site, am I right?
Also, for using web sdk I need to run npm start.
Is there is an option which build web sdk static files only once? So I would place that files on my main website host without redirecting.