Embed zoom video to a web server

Thanks for the workaround provided @michael_p.zoom . Just curious, is there an ETA on the official web embedding code and support? Are we talking a month, a year? And when it does get released, is the plan for the coding to be both android and iOS friendly so that mobile use is easier/responsive?

Hey @mandsdesignsolutions, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

ETA is sometime later this year.

For better support for mobile devices please see our Mobile SDKs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Is there a similar code that can be used to embed a webinar? I want users to skip the part where they have to enter email&name

Hey @gabriele.limonta,

Have you tried using the same url for webinars?

Thanks,
Tommy

yes, but the webinar in the iframe returns me 'User email is required. (300)ā€ error message. Is there an ā€˜email parameterā€™ that I can add in the URL to allow attendees to bypass the webinar registration and join straight away?

Hey @gabriele.limonta,

Thanks for your patience! For this to work you need to have Webinar Registration Required turned off, and then use the uel={base64EncodedEmail} query param.

For example:

https://zoom.us/wc/123456789/join?prefer=1&un=bmFtZQ==&uel=ZW1haWxAZG9tYWluLmNvbQ==

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks a lot!

That worked perfectly. Would Zoom webinar have problems if letā€™s say 100+ attendees access the URL with this query param (join?prefer=1&un=bmFtZQ==&uel=ZW1haWxAZG9tYWluLmNvbQ==) at the same time?

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

Is it possible to use web button to join and quit meeting without using the Zoom button? Thank you for your help.

Hey @gabriele.limonta, you are welcome! :slight_smile:

I would assume there would be no issues, especially if the username and email is unique for each user.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @mih, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Can you please provide more details about your question?

Screenshots and examples would be helpful.

-Tommy

Hi @tommy . Have you come across this? We noticed this when using the iframed web client, but when using the web client in general on an iPhone (iOS is 13.3.1) Safari (13.0.5) the client audio has messaging that audio cannot be used and recommends downloading Chrome. However, in using Chrome itself on the same iPhone that message is also appearing. Maybe something is off in how itā€™s detecting the user-agent?

Chrome is working great in Android.

Hey @michael, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

The Zoom Web Client has limited support on mobile browsers.

For mobile browsers, I would suggest directing the users to the Zoom App, or use our Mobile SDKs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy, lightning-quick reply! We tried that but it unfortunately broke our app written in Ember via npm and via CDN methods with the styles it added in. Maybe we can launch a standalone site thatā€™s just for web clients. For notes to the Product team, weā€™re finding barriers with younger users who are on their phones most commonly that downloading an app for a one-off usage is a tough sell, so the web client is super appealing

Also quick note for folks since I hadnā€™t seen it in this thread and is often resurrectedā€¦ The full screen button will not work if iframed unless you allow it through feature policy (Feature-Policy header or allow attribute e.g. <iframe allow="microphone; camera; fullscreen" ... ). Itā€™s tough to find without knowing what to search for so hereā€™s the related article for folks: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Feature_Policy

Hey @michael,

We do understand the headache here with the Zoom Web Client on mobile devices and are working to improve that.

Thanks for sharing info on how to allow fullscreen! I have added it to my solution. That will be helpful for others! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Iā€™m trying to create a Zoom embed for my website to help some teachers with everything going on lately. However, we tried using multiple iFrame examples you provided.

The embeds redirect me to Zoomā€™s main website and I have to join through the website. That further redirects me to the Zoom desktop app.

We tried creating a web embed which doesnā€™t require the app. However, while it does join the meeting on the website (without opening the Zoom desktop app), the microphone and camera are unusable. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks.

Hey @ran, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Can you please provide the iFrame code you are using and steps to reproduce the issue?

You could also try using the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

@Tommy hoping you can help me, im not too familiar with coding, though with everything going on I have to quickly put together a website to host multiple zoom meetings im using Squarespace . Pretty much the page will look like tiles of meetings and the end user will just click and choose the meeting they want to join.

I used below code found above, the problem Iā€™m having is that when I type my name in to join a meeting, the meeting page reloads and asks to type name in again

<div class="iframe-container" style="overflow: hidden; padding-top: 56.25%; position: relative;">
    	<iframe allow="microphone; camera" style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;" src="https://zoom.us/wc/join/6020659971" frameborder="0"></iframe>
	</div>

Hey @danielevy18, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Please try using the following code:

<div class="iframe-container" style="overflow: hidden; padding-top: 56.25%; position: relative;">
    <iframe allow="microphone; camera" style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;" src="https://zoom.us/wc/join/6020659971" frameborder="0"  sandbox="allow-forms allow-scripts"></iframe>
</div>

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy thanks for the quick response, now for some reason when I click join nothing happens

Hey @danielevy18,

Can you share any error logs you see in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy