Embedding Zoom Into Platform Through SDK Does Not Allow Interpretation or Polls

Hi,

We are currently attempting to embed Zoom webinars through SDK onto our learning platform, but unfortunately, this has some limitations since we are not able to use the full functionality of Zoom through this method. For instance, we cannot use the interpretation and poll functionalities that are very important to us. Therefore, I wanted to understand if there is any way to make sure these work? Or is there another way of embedding the Zoom webinars onto an external platform other than through SDK that would allow us to use all features?

Thank you,
Sara

Hi @memberservice
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!
I just looked into our Docs and also ran one of your Web meeting SDK sample apps and the poll functionality is supported.

Here is the sample app we have available, so you can check it out:

when you talk about interpretation do you refer to closed captions? those are supported too.

Thank you @elisa.zoom ! I will share this with the developer I work with. When I talk about interpretation, I mean users being able to click the globe icon on the zoom toolbar and select the language they wish to hear. We usually do this by having live interpreters join the webinar and have their own audio stream that is added under the globe icon. This is supported in normal Zoom webinars, but does not seem to work when we have embedded Zoom onto our platform through SDK. Do you have any insight to this?

Hi @memberservice
I do not know if I am fully understanding what you mean by the globe icon
But when using the meeting web SDK you can have participants chose the speaking language of captions

Thank you Elisa. I am however not referring to captions, but to live language interpretation through different audio channels. You can see more information about the feature I am referring to here: Using Language Interpretation in your meeting or webinar - Zoom Support . The second feature I’m referring to is the poll feature that you can see here: Conducting polls in meetings - Zoom Support . When we are implementing the webinar integration through SDK in an iframe on our website these two features do not seem to be supported. Is there a fix to this? Thank you!