Support Language Interpretation Web SDK 1.7.8 for Attendees

Description
Now I can join for webinars as an Attendee in this version BUT I don’t have interpretation option for multiple languages.

Error
I need interpretation option for a webinar with multiple languages.

Which version?
WebSDK 1.7.8

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a Webinar from Zoom page.
  2. Start webinar from Zoom page.
  3. Download sample-app-web from Github for WebSDK.
  4. Join as an Attendee from Web.
  5. I only have the Raise hand, Q&A and Chat options but don’t have “Select interpreters”.

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Dell Laptop.
  • Browser: Version 83.0.4103.61 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Additional context
Can you help me, Will I be forgetting some setting???
Thank you!

Hey @edgar.mtz,

Currently interpretation is not available on the Web SDK.

Here is a list of the supported features:

Thanks,
Tommy

Has there been any movement to support Zoom Interpretation in the Web SDK?

Hey @tracy.troke , @edgar.mtz ,

As of version 1.9.5, we do support language interpretation with the Web SDK.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog#publications/web-client-sdk-version-1-9-5

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

I hope you’re doing good. Although it’s supported, our dev team couldn’t find code related to the implementation of it with Web Client nor with API. Could you please share with us the relevant documentation?

Thank you in advance.

Have a very nice evening!

Hamza

Hello,

The only information I have is an email form a vendor explaining that the Language Interpretation option within Zoom is not available with SDK.

This was the link I was sent

https://devforum.zoom.us/t/support-language-interpretation-web-sdk-1-7-8-for-attendees/20207

This was the link that I used to ask if now supported in SDK.

Regards

Tracy

Hello @tommy,

Could we please have some insights on this issue?

Thanks,

Hamza

Hey @h.werzgan ,

My understanding is that when language interpretation is enabled on an account, the participant will have the option to enable interpretation with the buttons at the bottom of the meeting.

Please see our guide on setting up language interpretation.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Yes, we have the option to use the language interpretation option when “just” using Zoom, however we are using Zoom SDK on a virtual events platform and this option does not appear to be available when using SDK – or it wasn’t some months ago.

I am trying to find out if we can now use the language interpretation option when using SDK now?

Yes, we do have the access to language interpretation on the Zoom app of course and we’ve been using for a long time. However, we developped a web interface that allow participants to attend webinars without having to connect directly through Zoom. For that, we are using Zoom SDK in order to implement Zoom’s features into that interface. Only some features are available using SDK or API such as Chat and Q&A. The language doesn’t seem to be available on any of the documentation online even though this feature has been available since version 1.9.5. Thus, we are requesting the required documentation in order to implement language interpretation into our web interface.

Best,

Hamza

Great thank you.

Hopefully it won’t be too long and we can use the language interpretation option on our virtual event platform as we have lots of global events.

Thank you

Tracy

Same case here, we have an upcoming global event at the end of the month where we wish to have the language interpretation on our platform as well. Hopefully, the instructions will be available on the documentation.

Hamza

@tracy.troke @h.werzgan

To be clear, I was indeed referring to the Web SDK. I was informed by our team that if you follow the steps to set up language interpretation through your Web Portal, it will be available when using the Web SDK as well. This should be true when using the Web Client as well.

It sounds like you’ve got everything set up already and you’re still not seeing the feature. I’ll talk with the team if there are any other prerequisites to using interpretation with the Web SDK specifically and let you know what I hear.

I understand that you have a deadline so I’ll keep that in mind and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Max

Hello Max,

I look forward to hearing from you.

In the meantime I will pass on your comments to our developers so they can check again.

Thank you

Tracy

Hello Max,

I have been advised that the Interpretation option is not listed as supported in SDK;

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web#browser-support

Very confused now.

Maybe I am not understanding correctly.

Regards

Tracy

@h.werzgan @tracy.troke

No substantial news on this yet but I appreciate that you tested this out and got back to me. I’m still pushing to get to the bottom of this and will let you know what I find.

Max

Hey @tracy.troke @h.werzgan,

When you’re seeing that the interpretation option is missing from the Web SDK - is this during a meeting or a Webinar? If you’re on a Pro plan it looks like this option is only available for Webinars.

Otherwise, I haven’t been able to spot a reason why this wouldn’t work. You can send an email to developersupport@zoom.us and I’ll investigate each case individually.

Thanks,
Max

Great thanks you very much.

I will pass this information on to our developers.

I have had feedback from the developers saying that the documentation does not mention it.

Can you point me in the direction of documentation that details the use of Interpretation when using Zoom SDK?

Thank you

Tracy

@tracy.troke I’m referring to this line of the prerequisites which indicates that Business, Enterprise, Educating or Pro account with webinar add-on.

I know that’s buried in there. I’m working on a list of documents to add to our devsupport.zoom.us site and will add this to the list.

Let me know if that helps.

Max