End date not getting updated via REST API

Description
Attempts to update the end date for a meeting via the Update Meeting API are having no effect unless weekly_days is also updated in the same call.

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Update Meeting REST API

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Example payloads below:

The first request represents an update where only the recurrence.end_date_time differs from the content of the existing meeting being updated. The API call is successful, but the change is not applied to the meeting, as confirmed by inspecting it in the Zoom web interface.

{"topic":"Embedded Zoom event => abcghi","type":8,"start_time":"2021-02-05T11:15:00Z","duration":"30","password":"tW78PzhBtv","recurrence":{"type":2,"repeat_interval":1,"end_date_time":"2021-11-29T11:15:00Z","weekly_days":"2,3,4,5,6"},"settings":{"audio":"both","waiting_room":1,"approval_type":1,"auto_recording":"none","allow_multiple_devices":0,"registration_type":1}}

The second request changes both the recurrence.end_date_time and recurrence.weekly_days values from those of the existing meeting. In this instance, the end_date_time change is effective.

{"topic":"Embedded Zoom event => abcghi","type":8,"start_time":"2021-02-08T11:15:00Z","duration":"30","password":"tW78PzhBtv","recurrence":{"type":2,"repeat_interval":1,"end_date_time":"2021-11-29T11:15:00Z","weekly_days":"2,3,4,5"},"settings":{"audio":"both","waiting_room":1,"approval_type":1,"auto_recording":"none","allow_multiple_devices":0,"registration_type":1}}

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
I have not discovered other fields besides weekly_days that causes the end_date_time value to get updated. I have tried with the topic field instead, but the end_date_time did not get updated.

The issue seems quite similar to that described here, though not exactly the same: Bug: Meeting API “update meetings” do not update the meeting if only the meeting time is updated - API and Webhooks - Zoom Developer Forum

Hey @johnrix,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. So far, I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue. What is the original end_date_time that you are trying to change?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

the date I was attempting to update from was November 30th (same time of day).

For reference, the Meeting ID I am testing with is 84465871861. Feel free to test with it directly and make changes if it helps - it is purely a test meeting.

Regards,
John

Hey @johnrix,

Thank you for the update. I’ll keep testing this on my end and get back to you by the end of the day.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @johnrix,

Thank you for your patience. I investigated this issue further and was able to reproduce the issue. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to see if a fix can be provided.

I’ll keep you posted with new information here. (ZOOM-245610)

Thanks,
Max

Much appreciated @MaxM

I’m happy to help! I’ll be sure to keep you updated.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @johnrix,

Our engineering team is looking to investigate the issue but they weren’t able to reproduce it using the steps provided. I went through the same steps I followed previously and saw that the issue was resolved.

Are you still seeing this issue on your end?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

I don’t think I have observed it occurring on other meetings more recently, so am not sure what was special about that meeting. I don’t mind if you want to close this down for the moment. If I encounter it again, I’ll raise a new question.

Regards,
John

Hey @johnrix,

I don’t think it was particular to that meeting because I saw the same issue with my own account at that same time. Regardless, I’m glad to hear that it doesn’t seem you are seeing this issue any more.

Please do reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.