API update meeting not updating

We are trying to use the “Update a Meeting” API to add an alternative host to a meeting after the meeting is already set up.

I have used Postman to test this the PATCH call and it returns 204 (request successfully processed), but the alternative_hosts field is not getting updated.

Here is the postman call I am making, using JWT for authorization:
PATCH https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/[REDACTED]?occurrence_id=[REDACTED]
Headers:
Authorization Bearer {my JWT Token}
Content_Type application/json
Body:
{
“start_time”: “2022-01-20’T’09:00:00”,
“timezone”: “America/New_York”,
“type”:“8”,
“recurrence”: {
“type”: “1”,
“repeat_interval”: “1”,
“end_times”: “2”
},
“settings”: {
“alternative_hosts”: REDACTED"
}
}

I’m not sure why it needs the start_time, timezone, type, and recurrence values but the API description says I need these so I have included them. The only thing that I really want to change is “settings” > “alternative_hosts”.

I noticed that even if I put bogus data into the json body, like an invalid start_time, it still returns a 204 No Content.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

@kurban Just to make sure that I understand, unless you add in the start_time, timezone, type and recurrence the meeting values won’t update?

When adding in values that don’t make sense (a start_time in the past for example) Zoom will attempt to correct the error and set the start_time to the current time instead of returning a 401 error.

The API documentation for PATCH /meetings/{meetingId} states this:

The API documentation for PATCH /meetings/{meetingId} states this:

The start_time value must be a future date. If the value is omitted or a date in the past, the API ignores this value and will not update any recurring meetings.

If the start_time value is a future date, the recurrence object is required.

So I assumed that the start_time and recurrence information is required.

I have also tried to execute it without the start_time and recurrence information with the json body simplified to this:

{

“settings”: {

“alternative_hosts”: “help@ketteringseminars.com

}

}

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.