Erroneous status code from API

Hi

@abrams,
I wish I could dust this off with the same smiley.
However, our workload is live already and we need it fixed at the earliest.
What we are doing is manually approve using admin portal whenever our students report the problem.
Its embarrassing but we cannot help it.

We have given up on all the issues reported so far. I believe the API users are limited and zoom is concentrating on security fixes which I agree are most important.

@tommy,
It happens to all meetings for students randomly.
We have observed a few more things while approving the requests manually.
The email ids field is case sensitive on the recording sign-up page but not for the API code at zoom.
For example if by the API call I register someone with an email id somerandomemail@domain.in and on the sign-up for somebody registers with SOMERANDOEMAIL@DOMAIN.IN it doesnt consider them same and approvals is required separately for the sign-up.

Apart from this the issue still occurs randomly for random meetings even if the emails are used in lower case everywhere.
For example, same student gets approved for most of the meetings but doesn’t get approved for one.

1 Like

Hey @gourav.ims, @abrams,

I will request prioritization on this - in my opinion this does fall under security features / enhancements, so I will see what I can do.

Our engineers need Meeting IDs that had this issue so they can check the logs to debug the issue. I will private message you requesting these.

In the meantime you could reverse the process and set registration to automatically approve, and then cancel registrants that you don’t have in your list.

Nice find, let me see if we can add a case insensitive check. (ZOOM-171840)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @gourav.ims,

I just tested this, and you are able to call the Add Meeting Registrant API multiple times for the same users email, uppercase or lowercase, but the join_url that is returned and sent to them via email is the same each time.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy

I am also facing the same issue. Could you please help me with a solution.
meeting IDs which faced this issue: - 922 0635 8992 and 980 7886 7100

Hey @naveen,

Thanks for letting us know, we are investigating the issue. (ZOOM-151205)

-Tommy

1 Like

I am getting the same issue. Zoom api sucks, sorry. I hope we move away from zoom asap.

Sorry to hear about your experience, @ycd! May I know the exact error you are encountering? I am happy to help advise alternatives options and best practices.

That’s the problem. Zoom does not return an error! It just returns a 204, which is a success code, but the updates do not happen. This is VERY annoying.

I understand your frustration and would like to help. Can you create a new topic and tag me in the post. Also please include the reproducible steps as well.

I tried tagging you in the comment. I dont know how to do it, I hope I tagged the right person.
hope this helps. Taking 3 weeks to get an answer. Good going zoom!

@ycd,

Sorry for the long wait. I did not receive the tag notification, for future reference you can tag community members via the @ symbol. By default, everyone who comments on the post will be listed. That aside tested this behavior on my end and can not reproduce the behavior. Can you let us know if you are still seeing the same behavior?