Error Code: 2014 when Start Meeting Android Sample video SDK

Description
I keep receiving error code: 2014 when start the meeting. It already show the video, with status connecting after that it close and show error code: 2014. Can you help me what is the problem?

Which Mobile Video SDK version?
Version 1.1.2

Screenshots
Capture

This is the example payload object for the jwt

1 Like

Hi @elfaza,

Can you please provide the concrete values you are using for all of the params other than app_key? Also, can you provide a code snippet showing how you are attempting to join the session?

Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Here is my values

iat: 1644413024
exp: 1644427424
version: 1
user_identity: test
tpc: session test

Here is my code snippet

ZoomVideoSDKSessionContext sessionContext = new ZoomVideoSDKSessionContext();

ZoomVideoSDKAudioOption audioOption = new ZoomVideoSDKAudioOption();
audioOption.connect = true;
audioOption.mute = false;
sessionContext.audioOption = audioOption;

ZoomVideoSDKVideoOption videoOption = new ZoomVideoSDKVideoOption();
videoOption.localVideoOn = true;
sessionContext.videoOption = videoOption;

String name = nameEdit.getText().toString();
if (TextUtils.isEmpty(name)) {
    name = Build.MODEL;
}

String password = passwordEdit.getText().toString();

//Required
sessionContext.sessionName = sessionName;
sessionContext.userName = name;

//GET START
String token = Constants.TOKEN;
if (TextUtils.isEmpty(token)) {
    token = JWTUtil.createJWTAccessToken(sessionName, name);
}

if (TextUtils.isEmpty(token)) {
    Toast.makeText(this, "Token is empty", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
    return;
}
//GET END
sessionContext.token = token;

ZoomVideoSDKSession session = ZoomVideoSDK.getInstance().joinSession(sessionContext);

Hi @elfaza,

Thanks for that. It isn’t clear what value is being passed into the SDK for the sessionContext.sessionName field. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

Hello,

The session name value is same as tpc value.

Hi @elfaza,

Thanks for confirming. I noticed that you are including the role_type field, but are using v1.1.2. This field was introduced in v1.2.0, so we haven’t done much testing around using it in earlier versions of the SDK. Can you try removing this from the JWT and testing again? Alternatively, you could update to v1.2.0.

Thanks!

Hello,

I already change to v1.2.0, but unfortunately, the error still appear Error Code: 2014. When create the session, the role_type should be 1 right?

Hi @elfaza,

Yes, you should be using a value of 1 for the host to start the session. Can you please provide the JWT you are using with the SDK credential edited out so we can investigate?

Thanks!

Hello,

payLoadObject.put("version", 1);
payLoadObject.put("role_type", 1);
payLoadObject.put("iat", "1644758841");
payLoadObject.put("exp", "1644773241");
payLoadObject.put("user_identity", "test1");
payLoadObject.put("tpc", "test");

Here is the payload

Hello,

Any updates in this issue?

Hi @elfaza,

Apologies if my last reply was not clear, but I meant the actual JWT string that is being passed into the SDK (with your developer credentials replaced with some other value). Can you please provide that?

Thanks!

Hi @AndroidDev,

Can you also provide the JWT string you are using with your credentials removed?

Thanks!

I had the same issue. I discovered that I was using the API Key and API Secret instead of the SDK Key and SDK Secret. The error code 2014 will get generated if you use the API Key/Secret.

Personally I find this very wrong on Zoom’s part. The documentation on the JWT token clearly indicates the use of the api_key and therefore one will asume that this is the API key when it is not.

To be honest, I have no idea what the API Key is even used for. I think Zoom should address this in their documentation. It is very misleading.

Hi @AndroidDev,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this! The API credentials you were using are meant to be used with the Video SDK REST API.

Thanks for the feedback regarding our documentation. I will forward this to our documentation team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.lieblich, I would like to confirm this issue again about 1.2.1, There must add the role_type field to get a token, and the value is 1 for the host, 0 for other participantes? Right?

Thanks~

Hi @Benedict,

That is correct. For all versions <= 1.2.0, you must include the role_type field in the payload. You are correctly understanding the values provided. If you’re ever unsure, you can refer to our documentation, which outlines all of the required fields in the payload. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.