We have some clients that fail to join zoom meeting (during the join operation on the web SDK) with the error mentioned below.
I cannot find any documentation about this error code, except from the message saying that an error happened on zoom server side.
You were supposed to improve error code documentation with 1.7.9 if i’m not wrong.
- is it just that you forgot to update this documentation page
- or the documentation is somewhere else ?
- or you don’t want to document it too much cause this happen on server side ?
Anyway, is it possible to have the cause of such error ?
Is it possible to have a more fine grained message explaining for example that it happened when connection to your internal network from the gateway, or because a real error happened on the server for a specific reason ?
Thanks in advance for your insights
Error code: 3622
Smartphone (please complete the following information):
- Device: Laptop
- OS: Mac OS X 10.15.5
- Browser:Chrome 83.0.4103.116
We have improved our error messaging. Could you share a screenshot or english version of the error message?
"Connection failed due to Web Server error. "
I’m sorry we cannot just replicate it easily so we cannot take a screenshot of the English version.
I hope this helps.
How often are you seeing this error? The percentage % of times you see this when using the Web SDK will be helpful for us to fix this.
It’s hard to give an exact percentage as we only have the last 14 days and this situation can vary over time.
Also, i measured per connection attempts and per application usage (as multiple attempts can be performed within a single application use per user)
Here are the numbers for the last 14 days:
- number of connection to zoom network (to a meeting) : 19180
- number of application use (lesson) : 8530
- total of occurrences for 3622 error code : 23 (0.11%)
- total of occurrences for 3622 per user/use : 6 (0.07%)
- For 1 of the 6 cases, it has been identified that the user was using an ad blocker, thus preventing any connection to Zoom or other external systems we are using.
- For the 5 remaining cases, this 3622 error code happen let say one or two times and then it passes and they can connect (so definitely not a user environment issue)
Other error codes
I also checked the other error code we have when joining a meeting:
- 1 (failed to join the meeting) : 3 times (0.015%)
- 3707 (the meeting number was not found) : 35 times (0.18%)
- 403 (the service is temporary unavailable) : 8 times (0.04%)
I have verified logs for most of these cases and it show a latency / delay in your services between the time a meeting is started by a host and the time a non host can join the meeting with no problem.
On our application, before a non host join an existing & running meeting, we verified that meeting status through the API. When such a 3707 happens, the API return the meeting as ‘started’ but the user get this 3707 error code. In such case the user just re-run our application and can successfully join the meeting (if no other error happens)
Regarding the error message (service temporary unavailable) this looks very critical even if it do not happens so often.
Here are the date and time (Tokyo) over the last 14 days we got this error code:
- 30/09 at 7:00 pm (2 times within 45 seconds for same user while other users could connect)
- 30/09 at 1:45 pm (1 time)
- 29/09 at 3:15 pm (1 time)
- 27/09 at 10:35 am (2 times same client)
- 23/09 at 5:35 pm (1 time)
- 23/09 at 00:23 pm (1 time)
I can also provide meeting ids for these cases if you want.
Please give us a feedback on points mentioned here.
Thanks for the additional details @nvivot!
We are looking into why these errors are happening to you, and will document any that are not yet documented. (CS-2374)
For the error 3622, here are the possible root causes:
- DNS issue
- Customer firewall issue
- Zoom server issue
We are working to improve and document these errors.
Ok thank you.
Especially the third point when it comes to Zoom server issue. This is something we cannot do anything about so please provide us details as much as possible so that we can report it to you and continue to improve things.
We are improving the third item, and will keep you updated on the progress.
Not sure if you have seen, but we have an expanded list of errorCodes on our reference page:
Thanks for the documentation.
Looks like 3622 is not part of this documentation. Anyway, please update after fragmenting this error into smaller sub error codes. One single error code to say that it can comes either from user’s environment or from zoom backend issue, it’s not a good thing and do not enable to categorize issues.
Is it possible to also add a meaningful description, if you take “apac.errorcodes_pac_mn_not_fount” as an example, if you’re not part of the dev team it’s hard to know exactly what it means. Especially when “mn_not_found” probably means meeting not found, but the problem is not that the meeting do not exists but that it’s not in started state. If we have to interpret by ourselves, we would go into a wrong direction when investigating an issue related to such code.
Thanks for your feedback!
We will use this to improve our documentation.
This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.