Error in Join Meeting

Error in ios app when trying to join a meeting using cordova.zoom.plugin
In Xcode log its showing:

***** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘*** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[3]’**

Using plugin version 4.6.2166-6.512

To join meeting passing Meeting ID, Meeting Password and Display Name.

• Device: iPhone6s
  • Version 17D50

Additional context
Tried to debug the issue in Xcode (I am using Xcode 11.3.1). Participant ID is nil when creating dictionary object to join meeting. Do we need to ask users to login with zoom or they can join meeting without login?

If anyone facing the same issue:

Tried to debug the problem in Xcode. In join meeting function you can see it’s creating a dictionary object with Meeting ID, Meeting Password, Display Name and Participant ID.

In my case it was “participant_id”. I sent my app’s login user id in this parameter and its started working.

It’s expecting “participant_id” to join meeting. In options add a parameter “participant_id” and pass a value for it.

Check this link for details:

1 Like

Hi @kushal,

Thank you for the post and glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. Let me know if any other questions.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @carson.zoom ,

I want to know one thing in this SDK flow. Can we send meeting invitations to participants for personal meeting through email using Zoom Ionic SDK?

Thanks!

Hi @kushal,

Sending meeting invitations as the Zoom client did is a Zoom IM feature so our SDKs do not have this feature. Our SDK provides the necessary information for an invite and you could send the invite to another participant via your app. This is available in native SDKs. For Ionic SDK, currently we do not have the interfaces to get the meeting info for an invitation. I could forward this as a feature request to the engineering team and we will investigate the possibility of supporting this in the near future.

Thanks!

Okay @carson.zoom

Thanks for the response.
Looking forward to have this feature in future releases.

1 Like