Error SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE when requesting local recording privilege

Meeting SDK Type and Version
Linux Meeting SDK v5.17.5.2561

Description
We have the Zoom bot failing to start local recording for some of the clients.
Here is how I am requesting it:

Error?
Error: Unable to request local recording privilege: 2

Troubleshooting Routes
I found that one of the causes might be that the local recording is turned off in “Settings > Recording < Local Recording”. But it seems that for some of users this problem is transient so it is unlikely they get this option changed. Could you please confirm if there might be other causes for this error?

I also noticed that when the host uses the web version of Zoom, the bot also fails to start local recording, showing the same error message. Why could that be?

@alextsi

I also noticed that when the host uses the web version of Zoom, the bot also fails to start local recording, showing the same error message. Why could that be?

This is the default behavior right now. We will be allowing host to accept/deny prompt in upcoming versions of Zoom Web Client.

SDKERR_WRONG_USEAGE

This error usually happens when the method is called outside of the proper status. For instance, to request for recording permission, the SDK needs to be “in meeting” status before the request can be called succesfully.

Thanks for your response @chunsiong.zoom!

I can confirm that the call to RequestLocalRecordingPrivilege() only occurs from the onMeetingStatusChanged handler when the status is MEETING_STATUS_INMEETING. So, I assume this is not the cause.

From what I understand, we could only suggest to our clients to use the Zoom desktop client and allow recording in the settings. Do you have any other ideas on how we can address this?

This is the default behavior right now. We will be allowing host to accept/deny prompt in upcoming versions of Zoom Web Client.

Do we have any information on when this might be implemented in the Web Client?

Thank you!

@alextsi the feature to accept / deny recording prompt will be rolled out in Mid March 2024

Thanks @chunsiong.zoom looking forward to this update!

In my case, the status is “in meeting” but I still get SDKERR_WRONG_USAGE.

@bharat.bhadresha closing this thread as this might not be related to your issue. I’ll reply to your thread directly.