Description
Greetings,

My app workflow goes like this :

• User authenticate in the app
  • User click to join a meeting
  • User gets registered to the meeting
  • User joins meeting
  • In case user subscription ended I want to kick them out of the meeting

I’m using the web SDK to get users with ZoomMtg.getAttendeeslist()
I want to expel them with ZoomMtg.expel()
but it seems I need to be host

So a point of clarity do I need to create a host programmatically then it can expel users out? hbt being a co-host can I expel users in the meeting?

The zoomMtg instance is it being called with the privilege of API Key or is it being called as the instance of user that joined the meeting programmatically?

Also, it would be great to update your documentation regarding functions arguments took me a while and lots of browsing in the forum to get that getAttendeeslist() needs an object with success and error callbacks
It’s like being blind and swimming in the see at night

Hey @Safwen,

First of all, thank you for your feedback. We will create more examples on our docs / sample apps to show how to use the functions like getAttendeeslist().

As for your question about using the expel() function, the Host of the meeting will need to call this function. Does your meeting have a host?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,
thank you for your answer

The thing is the zoom meeting is a class usually the teachers use the zoom app and claim host roles one after the other and the students will log in through the web app and then have access to zoom through the web sdk
so kinda I want to register those students into the call so they only get access through the web app and then be able to expel under certain conditions

Merry Xmas and cheers

Hey Safwen,

Thank you for the update. I definitely understand the use-case here and think it would be a valuable addition to the Web SDK. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category. If you’re hosting classes, you may also be interested in the On Zoom platform.

In the meantime, the best workaround depends on if you need to programmatically remove users. If so, then you’ll want to make sure that the host account is consistent across users. This would likely involve having the teachers log in under one account to host their classes. You may even see benefits from using different meetings for the classes.

Otherwise, if you don’t need to remove participants programmatically, you can always remove them through the Zoom client itself.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for your answer I really appreciate the effort in this forum.
My question is with the web SDK is it possible to register users to a meeting ? or do I use the API to do that ?

I want to track the users that went to a certain room at a certain time ?
My idea was to register them to the meeting before they join but I cant see how with the SDK

Hey @Safwen,

Currently the Web SDK does not support registration for meetings.

However, the Web SDK does support registration for webinars.

You can also track meeting activity by using the Meeting Webhooks and Reports API. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.