Fail to join the meeting (ZOOM-SDK)

I’m new to Zoom. What I’m trying to do is to integrate zoom meeting into my ReactJS app.
First of all, I tried to use the zoom sample web app to check how it works. So I cloned this project from

GitHub - zoom/sample-app-web: Zoom Meeting SDK for Web Sample App

following the readme instruction I created a new app in the marketplace.zoom to get needed credentials API__key API_secrect also, I used this function to create a new signature

function generateSignature(apiKey, apiSecret, meetingNumber, role) {
  // Prevent time sync issue between client signature generation and Zoom
  const timestamp = new Date().getTime() - 30000
  const msg = Buffer.from(apiKey + meetingNumber + timestamp + role).toString('base64')
  const hash = crypto.createHmac('sha256', apiSecret).update(msg).digest('base64')
  const signature = Buffer.from(apiKey, meetingNumber, timestamp, role, hash).toString('base64')
  return signature
}

but when I tried to join a meeting I got this error.

{
"type": "JOIN_MEETING_FAILED",
"reason": "Fail to join the meeting.",
"errorCode": 200
}

Can you please help me out?

Welcome, @AditiyaPandey,

Happy to help. We have a React sample application you can reference in your implementation. All you are to do to get started is follow the Readme instructions the:

hi im having same issue

i used JWT API, JWT Secret key, meeting and role = 0 for signature generation
and used SDK api key for sdkKey to run client.join

but having “failed to join meeting - signature is invalid” error msg

i would like to ask if SDK app must be activated to make it work? or it is ok if its just draft? and just having other bugs related

@webinarinc,

Welcome and thank you for posting – happy to help! Please share a code snippet of how you are generating the signature?