Feature parity of Archival API vs Product APIs

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Archiving for meetings and webinars

Description
Can’t figure whether Archiving for meetings and webinars is just a unifying name for diverse product APIs for downloading files? Or is there any compliance use case one cannot achieve without activating this feature?
Lastly, can this feature be activated for free for any paid plan?

Error?
N/A

How To Reproduce
N/A

Hi @ondej.tomanek , which specific product API endpoints are you referring to?

Archiving is a robust solution offered for those subjected to regulatory oversight where meeting and webinar data records require more stringent record keeping.

Please refer to these resources for full archival scope:

Hi Gianni,

I am referring to KB0068489 - Archiving for meetings and webinars

Is such complete solution necessary in order to download recordings and metadata of past meetings/webinars?
Or can I get away with Meetings API and Cloud recordings API? Of course provided that the host recorded the meeting in the first place.

Hi @ondej.tomanek as outlined in the articles, cloud recordings and archiving have different features around metadata. Archiving is a solution Zoom created for regulated users — Zoom users in financial services institutions who are subject to regulatory oversight, including from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

I cannot advise you to just use the Cloud Recording endpoints if you are a regulated user. In the second article provided, it outlines how it is distinct from cloud recordings:

Unlike cloud recording, which saves video, audio, chat, and transcription files to the Zoom cloud, our archiving application programming interface (API) — a connection between software programs — collects the meeting and webinar data or metadata necessary to meet certain compliance guidelines. It can also collect audio, video, and chat communication if specified by account administrators.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.