Feature Request: Recording Analytics via API

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
The problem is that we don’t have unlimited Cloud Recording, so we need a good way to manage it. Right now, the only option for automatic management is “recording age”. However, we want to be able to factor in things like “most recent recording view” and/or “number of recording views”.

Describe the solution you’d like
I’d like to be able to access the recordings analytics via the API. Right now, this information is only available through the web interface itself, but we need an automated approach. Specifically, we need the time of the most recent view, but it would be helpful to have access to all of the information currently available via the website (both aggregates like counts and individual view details). Please note that simply adding a “least recently used” method to the Cloud Recording cleanup will not be sufficient for us because there are something things that we will want to keep even if they are not being used (perhaps a “protect from automatic delete” flag, but that’s a whole other feature request).

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
At this time, because of our need to retain educational recordings, it seems our only alternative is to download everything and delete based on “recording age”, but this will break a lot of links that users are posting on websites and in learning activities.

11 Likes

We would like to see all the views of recordings by users: view_datetime, recording_id, user_id etc.

3 Likes

views / downloads by meetings, with date range or current.

@tommy any expected time on this?
very much needed
thank you
michael

Hi @Jonathan_Champ

Is there an answer for this topic “access the recordings analytics via the API”?

Regards

No, at this time I haven’t seen any documented changes to the API that would provide recording analytics information.

Hey @Jonathan_Champ,

Thank you for submitting a feature request. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team so that they can consider this feature for a future release. I’ll keep you updated here as I learn more information.

In the meantime, please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes. (ZOOM-257473)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM

Just want to add a vote for this feature request. Our ability to manage recording retention would be greatly simplified if we could easily access the number of views and downloads. These are provided when exporting, but not via the /v2/accounts/{accountId}/recordings endpoint. It would be useful if those attributes could be included. Given that they’re provided in the export, it seems like an oversight to not include them in the API?

If you have any updates it would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hey @MaxM, how are you?

I also need this functionality via API, any news on this topic?

Tks.
Marcelo

Hey @MaxM how are you?

Any news about the availability of this functionality?

Tks,
Marcelo

Hey @MaxM @Jonathan_Champ and well… anybody really. I’ve been watching for ZOOM-257473 in the changelog but haven’t seen anything.

Views, downloads and last accessed are also unavailable in GraphQL. Is there an underlying challenge in providing this data? Any updates or ETA?

Thanks,
Jeff