Firewall issues with 1.8.6

Description
There are 2 urls that need to be open on a firewall for the web sdk to work correctly and both the IP addresses that the URLs point to are not on this official support list → Network firewall or proxy server settings for Zoom – Zoom Help Center

The URLs are:

rwcva.cloud.zoom.us - > 54.86.252.252
rwcff.cloud.zoom.us → 3.127.112.192

What I need to know is if there are IP ranges we can tell customers that need to be open for this traffic or if its just these 2 IP addresses. Also why are they not on the official list of IP addresses for Zoom?

Error
Connection Time Out

Which Client Web SDK version?
1.8.6 & 1.9.0

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. In Chrome dev tools find “Network Request Blocking”
  2. Add both these URLs to the list of blocked request
  3. Navigate to a page running the WebSDK
  4. You will get the Session Timed out Error
1 Like

Hey @dbows,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The IP ranges that you listed are specific to the Zoom Client, Zoom Phone and the Zoom Website. To my knowledge, those ranges don’t cover what is required by the Web SDK.

Currently, the method that you’re following to identify and whitelist IPs is the best route to accomplish this. However, we don’t recommend using an IP whitelist as the addresses are subject to rotation as needed or when a new version is released.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you Max. That would mean we would need our clients to do some higher layer firewall work? This is not always possible. Is there another solution here? We have clients that cannot use our product due to this issue.

Hey @dbows ,

We will work on getting these IPs on our list on the support page. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Just wanted to echo that, for those of us embedding meetings with the SDK, it would be really helpful to be able to have a document which we could consistently point users to for domains which they may need to ensure whitelisting for.

Hey @roundlakedan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We appreciate the input, this is something we are working to provide in the near future. I’ll update you here when we’ve published a list of the IPs/domains to whitelist.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.